Favorite Country Voices

Redbow

My favorites.

George Jones, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Alan Jackson, Roger Miller, Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins, Vern Gosdin, Johnny Cash, and many more that I will listen to anytime.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Like alot of those already listed...

- lucinda Williams
- ray Wylie Hubbard
- Lucas Nelson
Love me some Lucinda and RWH, but I can't stand to listen to Lucas, for some reason.

Jim Baker

Staff member
As the wife and I were preparing dinner we were listening to country music on Pandora. Got us to thinking who our favorite country music voices were. As the conversation went on we realized we could not pick just one. We decided on a top five. Not necessarily who the best songwriters were, who had the best lyrics, but whose voices you just like to hear. For me it was...(in no particular order)

George Jones
George Strait
Don Williams
Vince Gill
Willie Nelson

How about you?

I like your list. I listen to Don Williams alot. Can't go with just five.
Would add Merle Haggard, Hank Thompson and Patsy Cline.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Lucas sounds too much like daddy, for me.
No, he sounds to me like he's trying too hard to sound like daddy, but he just doesn't have the authenticity that daddy has. I really like Shooter Jennings. He sounds nothing like his daddy, nor does he try to. He makes his own music.

snooker1

Waylon Jennings
Willie Nelson
Don Williams
Merle Haggard
Kenny Rogers
Alan Jackson
Alabama
Patty Lovelace
George Strait
Clint Black
Reba
Keith Whitley
Sara Evens
Trish Yearwood

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I've never really been a fan of country music(unlike my hubby) but Waylon and Willie had some good songs together. :rockon: