FDR Park deer hunt

12pointer

My Son and I are going to the FDR State park deer hunt next week , we have never hunted in that area before , any pointers would really be appreciated Thanks

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I live pretty close and have never stepped foot on it . But I do know you have a great chance at a nice buck . They live in the area . Good luck , looks like good weather .

bilgerat

Senior
looks like its gonna be wet warm and wet, they are calling for rain thunderstorms both days

Hunk

Three of us got drawn and plan on attending. We are hoping for a change in the weather. I have been on the property, but about 20 years ago and as I recall it had a lot of steep terrain changes like North Georgia. With the weather the turnout and harvest may be very low.

TurkeyKiller12

Had good luck hunting on the road that goes toward the rangers station where you have to check in any harvest. I believe there was some horse stables on the same road. I got a doe there and like others have its some steep ground. Some nice bucks were killed on the east side of the park during that hunt.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Hope everyone stayed dry this afternoon and evening.

bilgerat

Senior
It defiantly wet!!! Big thunder this morn too , waiting for it to move on out . There was 3 trucks parked at the gate of the trail where the deer sign is , I found a spot in another area but no deer sign