FFL Question

Big7

The Oracle
I'm having 2 different guns shipped out for work and an FFL has to receive them when they get back.

My question.is who gets the $35.00 fee.
Reason I ask is because I try to do business with my favorite LGS and would rather them have the money.

But.. There is an FFL in my hometown that I do a little business that would save me a drive
Does the goober*ment get the money or the FFL?

Thanks in Advance for the help.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I'm having 2 different guns shipped out for work and an FFL has to receive them when they get back.

Reason I ask is because I try to do business with my favorite LGS and would rather them have the money.

But.. There is an FFL in my hometown that I do a little business that would save me a drive

I think it is a discretionary fees.

I have had a couple ffls/lgs comp the fees.

Reactions: Dub

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

Why wouldn’t you ask your ffl buddy? He’d be the one to know

flyrod444

The fee must go to FFL dealer since I've bought several guns online that were shipped to a local FFL I know. He his never charged me a dime for doing the FFL paperwork.

Big7

The Oracle
So I guess the goober*ment don't get the money.

I doubt mine will charge me either.

Just curious who gets the money? ?

Gator89

If you ship a gun to a licensed repair shop, barring a state law against it, the repair shop can ship it back to you directly.

7. May I lawfully ship a firearm directly to an out-of-State licensee, or must I have a licensee in
my State ship it to him? May the licensee return the firearm to me, even if the shipment is across
State lines?
Any person may ship firearms directly to a licensee in any State, with no requirement for another
licensee to ship the firearm. However, handguns are not mailable through the United States Postal
Service and must be shipped via common or contract carrier.(18 U.S.C. §§ 1715). Firearms shipped
to FFLs for repair or any other lawful purpose may be returned to the person from whom received
without transferring the firearm through an FFL in the recipient’s State of residence. FFLs may also
return a replacement firearm of the same kind and type to the person from whom received. 18 U.S.C.
§ 922(a)(2)(A).

treemanjohn

Banned
The government only gets the license fee. Nothing is charged on the 4473 being processed.

When checking on having a transfer done a lot if dealers will charge per gun. You can transfer multiple guns on a single 4473

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !

Where are you located? A place in Winterville only charges $10.

K80Shooter

Any firearm that I have shipped to be repaired has always been shipped back to me.
I have shipped to Krieghoff, Browning and Ruger with no problems.

au7126

In my experience both warranty work the gun maker sent a return form that I took to my local pack and ship and at no cost to me they returned items. Two handguns and two long guns. Was notified when repairs were complete and required to be signed by over 21 adult.