Finally caught Ol' Red!!! Yes, I am trappin' again... ?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I had it all put away, and called myself done, but my Goat Pen Bro started finding guinea feathers all over, and got a photo of Ol Red Wednesday night...We hadn't seen him in two months, and here he is, killin' guineas.

So Thursday evening, I went to set some traps again...

On the way I found a fresh road killed guinea, and picked it up.

I remade "The Log Set" just because it does so well, and hacked the guinea into three pieces, making three more sets with the feet and head sticking out of holes...

Friday night, ALL THREE baits were cleanly stolen with zero trap disturbance and we had pics of Red passing thru...

Yesterday, I was kinda irritated that he had handed me my hind end. I kept my cool, and went with the keep it simple idea of just making them all dirt holes with some Cavens' Bobcat Chunk, and a little deer hair.

Well, last night he came back thru, and zigged when he shoulda zagged...

So after six months, I finally got the daytime photo of Ol' Red that I have always wanted!!!

16525.jpeg

A big male, and I might be as proud of him, as I was that first one!!!

We also caught a fox not surprisingly in The Log Set. He decided to act nice, so he got a free pass.

16517.jpeg

It's a good day, down here on the edge of The Swamp!!!

2dye4

I had it all put away, and called myself done, but my Goat Pen Bro started finding guinea feathers all over, and got a photo of Ol Red Wednesday night...We hadn't seen him in two months, and here he is, killin' guineas.

So Thursday evening, I went to set some traps again...

On the way I found a fresh road killed guinea, and picked it up.

I remade "The Log Set" just because it does so well, and hacked the guinea into three pieces, making three more sets with the feet and head sticking out of holes...

Friday night, ALL THREE baits were cleanly stolen with zero trap disturbance and we had pics of Red passing thru...

Yesterday, I was kinda irritated that he had handed me my hind end. I kept my cool, and went with the keep it simple idea of just making them all dirt holes with some Cavens' Bobcat Chunk, and a little deer hair.

Well, last night he came back thru, and zigged when he shoulda zagged...

So after six months, I finally got the daytime photo of Ol' Red that I have always wanted!!!

View attachment 1148089

A big male, and I might be as proud of him, as I was that first one!!!

We also caught a fox not surprisingly in The Log Set. He decided to act nice, so he got a free pass.

View attachment 1148090

It's a good day, down here on the edge of The Swamp!!!
Awesome RR. I know you’re proud. Congrats!!

Tugboat1

I enjoyed the story, thank you. You outsmarted a thinker. How much you reckon he weighed?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Congratulations on taking out the intended target. He was a smart one but not as smart or tenacious as you proved to be

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nice! Woohoo! Catchem!

buckpasser

I’m about ready to get back out there serious. I’ve been too busy, but you’re keeping the fire going for me! Good job!!!