Fish Pic Compilation#3

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Keeping right along with sharing pictures, I figured it was time for another set as I get ready to put up another thread for the sticky. I'll continue to add some information for context. Thank you for reading and enjoy!

#1) This is the first (and so far biggest) ever fish I've caught on a Bucca bull shad swimbait. It was the first ever one I bought, just a plain 6 inch gizzard color one. This was years ago when I was new to swimbait fishing. As I mentioned before in one of these picture compilations, I didn't have the typical swimbait experience. Normally you skunk forever and eventually finally get one. I got immediate success on my first day with a big swimbait then went months through the winter not getting anything on them again until pre spawn the following spring. This was actually a post spawn 7 pounder! Eventually lost that bull shad but became a believer that day and got several more since.

IMG_20190318_130847.jpg

#2) This one's interesting. Took a buddy to one of my favorite places to bank fish at the north end of lake lanier about 2 years ago and we were bass fishing at night, and in addition to me catching almost a 5lb largemouth, we also caught several catfish and a few smaller spotted bass all on crankbaits! I had heard there were flathheads in lanier before, but this might confirmed it for me. Channel cat went almost 10lbs and the flathead went 12.IMG_20190523_224505.jpg

#3) Here's a picture from a video I took of some spawning catfish. These were brown bullhead catfish and both parents are present but you can only see one sitting on the nest. Some time later I came back to that same spot and they were there but this time with a big swarm of baby cats.IMG_20180605_132815.jpg

#4) Here's the first good size gag grouper I ever caught from the skyway bridge in Tampa on a live pinfish feeling. Caught a bunch of smaller gag and red grouper before while snapper fishing but this was the first keeper. If you've never been, I highly recommend it. It's pretty much a given that you're going to catch both numbers and size of fish right off the bat, even if you're a beginner. There was a kid who stuck a tarpon on a Walmart snoopy rod there one time. Every inshore and nearshore species you can think of is there. Everything from reds and speckled trout to tarpon and cobia and several reef species as well. Never a skunk day for any and everyone out there.166a1124-1aeb-4b3f-a117-dbef271403e9.jpg
#5) The sunset at the Jekyll island fishing pier here in Georgia. We forget that we have an incredible inshore fishery right here at home only 4-5hrs drive from atlanta. Even if you don't fish and just go for the scenery, you'll have a plenty good time with your friends and family along the coast of GA.IMG_20121209_171734.jpg

#6) Took a cheap party boat trip in Ft Lauderdale offshore reef and wreck fishing some years back and caught a good mixed bag of fish for the freezer. These are vermilion snapper or "fake" red snapper. Beware of these in the grocery store or restaurants. A lot of places will sell you these instead of actual genuine red snapper which is a whole different species. I'll attach a picture of one that was caught so you can see the difference between them.20160523_130742.jpg20160522_174127.jpg

#7) This was a straight up fat bellied HAWG of a largemouth bass I caught pre spawn on a crankbait. I had timed and plotted the pre spawn bite perfectly on that lake and capitalized. This was the second fish in my best 5 fish limit I've ever caught to date. This fish was over 6 and there wasn't a bass under 5 in that limit that day. I caught 7 over 5 that day actually, each one fat and healthy and slap full of gizzard shad and eggs. Yes she was released like they all were. I refuse to kill a bass over 3 pounds.IMG_20190214_154131.jpg

#8) One of I believe 18 carp I caught at West Point. Everybody is normally fishing for other species and ignores them even though there's literally dozens of them swarming below so normally every time I go I specifically bring carp stuff and whack them for hours in between the catfish, striper, hybrids, white, shoal and largemouth bass and all the other species there. They're a little tricky though, they see people and hooks literally every day and they aren't dumb, but I've got them figured out.IMG_20130428_113344.jpg

#9) Wouldn't be right to not have some panfish love in here, so here's a picture from just 2 days ago. Sometimes going extra hard fishing 12-15hr days gets rough and takes a toll on you, especially if you work night shifts. To recap this week, Monday I went white bass and striper fishing, Tuesday I went crappie and bream fishing, and yesterday I went looking for largemouth. Found success every day, but it's great to unwind and get back to your roots and catch some bream. These things were huge too! Even the females! They were all anywhere from half a pound to one pound in size. Lots of little bass mixed in too. Finished the day with 67 total fish caught.
IMG_20210406_191322_210.jpg

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Those vermillion snapper eat good. Thanks for posting.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Nice compilation! It is always fun to see what variety of fishing we have here in Georgia. And you sure know how to catch them! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for looking! We do have a lot of species scattered around and I feel like most folks don't do much fishing for too much other than bass.