Florida toll road questions

oops1

Buzzard Expert
The last time we were down that way, we paid cash at every booth. Received a bill a few weeks later for a toll. After reading this,I assume they confused me with pay by plate. No receipt so no way to prove I’d payed it. Buncha bull crap.

grouper throat

Are you taking some one with you who can be a navigator? They could use the smart phone.

I lived in the area for 6 years. Used paper maps. Avoided interstates and toll roads. It can be done. I 75 south to Ocala then sr 40 to us 17 south. Runs into I 4. Scenic route. State routes and US routes still go through town. You can also follow them. Be patient and enjoy the scenery

Do this route above. Most of us use the sunpass but the wife carries $20 in quarters when headed that far south.

shdw633

95 to I-4 exit in Daytona take I-4 to Kirkman in Orlando, all I-4...all free. Quit worrying about the managed lane, you won't need to get on it.

Lilly001

If you rely on I-4 pack a lunch.
It is often in that inch worm backup caused just by high volume.
And have a good motor club tow service.
All of that stop and go and sitting in traffic will cause auto issues.
It’s much better to have a link to a service that can rescue you.
Otherwise you may never leave.
Orlando is great to take the kids ONE TIME.
It makes Atlanta look like Mayberry.

oldfella1962

95 to I-4 exit in Daytona take I-4 to Kirkman in Orlando, all I-4...all free. Quit worrying about the managed lane, you won't need to get on it.

I figured out I-4 was free and managed lanes were an option when I watched a you tube video the day before I left (I got back today) where a guy was showing his dashcam progress as he tried out the managed lanes versus the regular lanes.

So even though I arrived at my motel during evening "rush hour" the I-4 the traffic was a CAKEWALK compared to Atlanta under any conditions! :LOL: I saw very few truly insane aggressive drivers during the whole trip, but to be honest I didn't drive around a lot. And I had a free tourist map and any toll roads were marked, so I just mapped out my trips with alternate roads that didn't take me out of my way or add much to my driving time.

oldfella1962

If you rely on I-4 pack a lunch.
It is often in that inch worm backup caused just by high volume.
And have a good motor club tow service.
All of that stop and go and sitting in traffic will cause auto issues.
It’s much better to have a link to a service that can rescue you.
Otherwise you may never leave.
Orlando is great to take the kids ONE TIME.
It makes Atlanta look like Mayberry.

Weird I must have caught Orlando at a good time because I-4 was way better than I-20 & I-285 in Atlanta. No broken-down cars every half mile that sit for days! No gridlock in any direction either. Then again I was not in Orlando during the weekend, so that could be a huge factor.