Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Be a good one next year. :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Redbow

we used to fiddle that size up down in lower alabama,called them swamp worms,baited many set hooks with them
I bet the Catfish loved them big worms. Years ago we used to set lines and when tobacco season came in we would go out into the tobacco fields and get the horn worms for bait. Farmers loved us for doing that and the Catfish loved the horn worms. Of course everyone called them tobacco worms back in my growing up days on the farm.

GeorgiaBob

That would be one expensive worm! Think about it. Have to switch to 30lb test line. Then have to buy those high dollar stainless hooks. With that gear, you would have to dump the knockoff Chinese reel and buy a real one.

If I were to pick up that worm, it would lead to hundreds of dollars spent, no turkey today (not that I would have seen one anyway). With my luck, a turtle would chew that whole worm off the hook in the first 4 seconds it was in the water.

Nope! Just let it crawl away. Hey, maybe a turkey will come over to investigate!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That is a grown one ! I’ve got to ask @bfriendly , were you in your blind at 4:19am ?

Randy52

we used to fiddle that size up down in lower alabama,called them swamp worms,baited many set hooks with them
I did this with my Dad when I was child. Most people don’t believe how this works and think I’m crazy when explaining it. Worked really well in the Marshall county area of Alabama. My family’s family has been gathering worms there for years.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I did this with my Dad when I was child. Most people don’t believe how this works and think I’m crazy when explaining it. Worked really well in the Marshall county area of Alabama. My family’s family has been gathering worms there for years.
I’ve seen it on tv and it amazes me, but I buy it no doubt! I tried once but it didn’t work. Didn’t get the vibes right, nor were the worms plentiful, but I had to try it after seeing it. It’s an art form no doubt! I thought it was funny when @sparky said he used to “fiddle” them, I knew what he meant! :banana:

georgiabound

My late FIL used to fiddle 'em up like this all the time. He would fill a 5 gal. bucket half full in about 30 minutes. That last him about a month. He would cover them with a wet rag to keep. He also would have to unknot them on a regular basis. The first time I went with him to fiddle was absolutely amazing. I had never seen worms come up like that and they were bigger than any worms I had seen before.