Fox squirrel hunting?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Help a brother out, so I can learn how to catch them crappies... :bounce:
You are too far gone… better stick to bass fishing.. :bounce:

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I'm GONna trap me some fox squirrel and relocate them to my new squirrel refuge. I used to want to kill one. I've hunted around several they are to interesting and curious for me too shoot. It would be cool to have a few though.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've only seen two in my life. Both in SC.

B. White

They are not too bright crossing roads and freeze up. Probably the only animal that will cause me to wreck before hitting one.

jbogg

I did not begin hunting until I was in my late 20s, around the time I got married. Never knew any hunters while I was growing up, I just knew it was something I desperately wanted to do. My father’s idea of getting outdoors was cutting the grass for an hour every weekend until he assigned that task to me.

Fast forward to the late 1980s and I had joined a small hunting club in Meriwether county. GON was still a newspaper format, and there was no Internet to help a newbie like me to get started. One of my first days hunting on my new lease found me sitting on the ground Looking down a hardwood drain that was surrounded by thick pines. I saw movement and had to do a double take. About 40 yards away. I saw what I was certain was some sort of bright orange monkey or lemur. Slow walking on the ground, and heading my way. As it got closer it became apparent that it was some sort of giant squirrel on steroids. Got back to camp around lunchtime that day and told the other guys what I had seen. Pretty sure they still laugh about it to this day.