FoxPro Spitfire Review

lungbuster123

Well yall I got my Spitfire yesterday with the 24 sounds that I ordered for it. I messed with it alittle yesterday and alittle more today. Ill do a video review here next week sometime. I will say that the sounds are great even at its loudest they are clear and sound awsome. I tested the TX-24 tonight and got an effective range of 240 yards (as far as I could get) this was in an area with no iterferance from trees or brush. So far im very happy with my new FoxPro. I cant wait for turkey season to be over so I can do some testing in the field.

KingTiger

I'm about to order a FoxPro Spitfire also. Are the ones with the standard 24 canned calls OK for this area or should I order one with the 24 calls of my choice? If you recommend the second choice then which calls should I choose? Maybe some calls that are more fox/bobcat oriented? I'm just getting started varminting, so please excuse the noob questions.

The canned calls that I was thinking of substituting for were -

Snow Shoe Distress
Distressed Calf
Vole Squeaks
Prairie Dog Distress
Lucky Bird ?
Raspy Woodpecker
Ranting Red Bird
Raccoon Fight
Crow Fight

lungbuster123

It really all depends where your hunting. If your hunting on land where they have cattle then that calf distress might work. I usually use rabbit distress calls (cottontail or jack) small varmit or bird distress calls work also. I also have Yote sounds on mine. If you want to hunt fox/bobcat in my experience they will come to the same calls that yotes will (distress calls.) Bobcats and foxes arnt in season right now though. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

captainhook

You should probably clarify for those who are new that bobcat and fox are not legal in Ga over electronic calls but they definitely come to them. Don't want to upset the internet police!::gone:

lungbuster123

You should probably clarify for those who are new that bobcat and fox are not legal in Ga over electronic calls but they definitely come to them. Don't want to upset the internet police!::gone:

Whoops LOL...yes for all of those who dont knwo it is ILLEGAL to harvest a fox or a bobcat with an electronic call.

That one slipped my mind im starting to go crazy haveing no yote hunting since turkey season started. :crazy:

JohnK

Whoops LOL...yes for all of those who dont knwo it is ILLEGAL to harvest a fox or a bobcat with an electronic call.

That one slipped my mind im starting to go crazy haveing no yote hunting since turkey season started. :crazy:

Why did you stop coyote hunting because of turkey season? It's still coyote season ain't it?

lungbuster123

Yes, but pretty much all the hunting I do Is on Fort Benning. They have some pretty sturn rules. The only thing we can hunt them with are shotguns and I also cant use my electronic call. I only own one shotgun a single shot 20 guage, and I only have one or 2 mouth calls. I just assume go out and kill afew hogs If I get the chance till turkey season Is over.

Why did you stop coyote hunting because of turkey season? It's still coyote season ain't it?