Grandson’s 1st calf

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
My oldest Grandson loves red and cows. He’s 21/2. My other Grandson is almost 2, he loves cows, and anything the oldest one points at.

I take them to the stockyards regulatory and about a month ago a solid red, heavy bred came through. When they say red it sounds like rat. All I heard was Pawpaw rat moo moo cow!! Pawpaw bought her.

She had her calf sometime yesterday evening and this evening when I got off the road.

This was him and his Mom trying to FaceTime it. We’ll get it checked out and tagged tomorrow. Boys are happy about their baby moo moo.

Put her with some Jerseys up close to the house so they can throw range cubes to them.B40C77F5-0D81-4B98-BAD1-D3222BA5DD01.jpegE2ADE45E-E489-4152-A7B2-52AD2516C148.jpeg553B90F5-3C1F-49C5-83F7-70C133FA82EF.jpeg69B341FF-77B2-4941-A39E-D0F09DA32CED.jpeg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
A very nice calf. Those Jerseys are some fine cows also. Do you milk them?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I milked a jersey for years when my boys were teenagers. They would go thru 8 or 10 gallons of milk a week. The jersey gave enough that we could make some butter too. She was giving around 2 to 2-1/2 gallons a day.

I love to look at a jersey and herefords. they are some good looking cows to me

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I milked a jersey for years when my boys were teenagers. They would go thru 8 or 10 gallons of milk a week. The jersey gave enough that we could make some butter too. She was giving around 2 to 2-1/2 gallons a day.

I love to look at a jersey and herefords. they are some good looking cows to me
Yes Sir!!! Agreed!!