fruits crops that grow in GA....

Luke0927

OK i live on my family land actually the house my great grandfather built that my grandmother was raised in...I will be building my house hopefully next year....When i was younger we had all kinds of peaches, grapes, apples, all the good stuff...we still have some pears and crab apples blackberries/rasberries etc....

I'm wanting to get a lot of things growing again...I would like to plant some good cherries, peaches, grapes , apples just all the good stuff do you know of a book or a good place that i can read up on all the things that grow well here in GA?

It would only be enough that the family could enjoy...not looking for really any income from it.

Thanks!

Contact your county agent, he or she will have a wealth of free literature. Both on varieties, and how to nurture what you have. Plus, they can give you personal advice on what does best locally. Best thing is it's all free.

Here's an on-line source of much of the literature.
http://www.caes.uga.edu/publications/

Luke0927

crackerdave

There's a good book on what grows locally called "Gardening in the South." I can't remember the author's name,but I think it's Hastings.

For me - you can't beat blueberries! Productive,not bothered much by bugs or disease,and real good eatin' and sellin' and sharin'!