Full Length resizing question?

Jester896

Senior Clown
I always measure my brass to make sure it is not too long after resizing and never go over Sami specs on COAL, but on half of my reloads the bolt is hard to close. The rounds chamber fine and shoot with very good accuracy... but that last little turn down with bolt is tougher than with a factory load.I would say about 50% are like this.

I think I am following better now that I have reread.
Are all of those cases the exact same length?
If 50% of them the bolt is hard to close the last little bit they are not consistent with your other rounds for some reason. That is what you want...right?...consistency.

The reason I ask about case length uniformity...if by chance your seating die is screwed down just a bit too far...your case length...if 1/2 are slightly longer....could be contacting the crimp portion of the die...they could be just long enough to create a slight do-nut at the bottom of the neck causing them to be a little tighter when closing the bolt.

You could check this be running several different empty cases in the seating die and see...with calipers...if it alters the case mouth. Check the measurement before going in then after as well.

The bolt closed on all the empty cases...right?
if that is the case you are resizing your brass well for your chamber :)