Ga Power right of way

ucfireman

I have a small right of way that cuts thru the corner of my property.
Ga Power comes through at times and cuts tree limbs and trees that "might" interfere with their lines.
This time they cut a few trees and numerous limbs. And left them, kind of pushed them to the edge of the tree line.

Is Ga Power or their contracted crew supposed to clean up their mess?
In the past they have.

Attachments

• 20230228_120308.jpg
    20230228_120308.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230228_120340.jpg
    20230228_120340.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230228_120331.jpg
    20230228_120331.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 50

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I have a small right of way that cuts thru the corner of my property.
Ga Power comes through at times and cuts tree limbs and trees that "might" interfere with their lines.
This time they cut a few trees and numerous limbs. And left them, kind of pushed them to the edge of the tree line.

Is Ga Power or their contracted crew supposed to clean up their mess?
In the past they have.

Yes, they are supposed to. Contact your local office.

specialk

Id give them a few days....greystone usually takes a few days before they clean up at my place...

Toliver

Dang that was a quick answer.

That's what I figured, tried to give them time before I raised concerns.
In my experience, their subcontractors will get away with what they can until they're called out on it. So far the power company has done right by the mistakes made by the subs.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
A ROW contractor working for an EMC made a mess and ran over a lawn aerator tool at my property last year.

A call to the fellow at the EMC who coordinates with the contractor resulted in a cleanup and a new aerator.

GeorgiaGlockMan

In my experience, their subcontractors will get away with what they can until they're called out on it. So far the power company has done right by the mistakes made by the subs.
^^^This.

Had some new subs cut an easement at my place. They left some big cut trees leaning and not on the ground. The boss wasn't happy, their crew fixed it quick and even apologized for leaving the danger trees.

Fishin & Hunting

I had an EMC crew not put up the barricades to our private road after they moved them. One quick call is all it took. But they will do as little as possible it you let them.

ucfireman

Id give them a few days....greystone usually takes a few days before they clean up at my place...
Its been probably 2 months, thought maybe it was wet, but I want it cleaned up.
That's kind of my experience too.

Last time I called Ga Power about it, they said it wasn't us it was a ROW crew. It took a few days but they got it cleaned. That's all I want.