Garden

Shadow11

A very late garden for us in the mtns this time around. The late freeze at end of April...the old troybuilt not running... rain on the days off from work...etc. We finally have a few things growing. Got rained out again today, but was at least able to run the troy built between the rows before it started.

From left to right... Out of frame is blue berries and black berries, then about a dozen scuppernongs in their 3rd year, got some red onions in front, 1/2 row of okra, then 2 small rows of okra and half runners, then some maters, then some cucumbers at fence panels, yellow squash and zucchini, more maters and a few peppers.

We went ahead and layed off 4 more rows this morning. We figured we'd throw some corn and pea seed in them just for the heck of it, even though it's late. It came a 30 minute down pour before we could get it done.

Lost a few pepper plants to the deer. All of the seed came up great. We have a lot of thinning to do. Mater plants are off to a good start. We should get atleast some good eatn out of it!
Screenshot_2021-06-08-13-24-48.png
Screenshot_2021-06-08-13-23-10.png

Last edited:

ilbcnu

Last 4 days some kind of blight has hit my dukes hard. Yellowing leaves with brown spots, like they been shot with a shotgun. Any ideas and remedies or start over? Cucumbers

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Last 4 days some kind of blight has hit my dukes hard. Yellowing leaves with brown spots, like they been shot with a shotgun. Any ideas and remedies or start over? Cucumbers
Maybe aphids, or a water issue. Post a pic of the plant if you can.

fireman32

How often are you watering your peppers? Seems my hottest peppers come in dry spells. Up until this past week I would have expected extremely hot peppers this year with the lack of rain around here
I’ve thought about that, started out watering daily. The last 3 weeks or so they get water once every 3rd day. I could very well still be overwatering.

sportsman94

I’ve thought about that, started out watering daily. The last 3 weeks or so they get water once every 3rd day. I could very well still be overwatering.

If you have the ability to water them independently of your other stuff, try only watering them when they start to wilt down pretty good and see if your peppers get some heat to them.

fireman32

If you have the ability to water them independently of your other stuff, try only watering them when they start to wilt down pretty good and see if your peppers get some heat to them.
I’ll try that, they’re in raised beds so that’ll be easy to do.

fireman32

Long cayennes are getting warmer.

ChattBuck

Never have done a garden but my 10 year old has been fascinated with growing stuff so this year I got four big pots and we did tomatoes, green peppers, jalepenos. Did really well then past two weeks started not looking well. Bottom leafs turning yellow.

Thanks to the advice in this forum I stuck my finger in the dirt and it was dang near soupy.

I bought pots without drain holes. My mistake. With all the rain we've had they were full.

Went and got my pick axe .. . . .voila each pot now has three drain holes. Hoping the plants recover.

Last edited: