Garlic Bread

SarahFair

Tonight we're having stuffed shells, so I'd like to bake some rolls from a roll recipe I have and turn them into garlic rolls.

The last garlic bread recipe I got off the internet didn't have hardly any flavor despite having a good bit of garlic in it :huh:

What's yalls go to for garlic butter?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Tonight we're having stuffed shells, so I'd like to bake some rolls from a roll recipe I have and turn them into garlic rolls.

The last garlic bread recipe I got off the internet didn't have hardly any flavor despite having a good bit of garlic in it :huh:

What's yalls go to for garlic butter?
Lots of garlic. You can't have too much, I don't think. Also, some coarse sea salt added in it will bring out the other flavors and make them pop.

ilbcnu

The absolute best way is to make garlic confit

ilbcnu

Other people tend to complicate it. This girl gets it^^^

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I roast a couple heads of garlic....cut off the top, put it in a small oven-safe dish, and put a dallop of butter on the top. Roast at 350 for an hour. Let it cool, then squeeze it out...it'll be brown and mushy. Mix it in with a stick of softened butter, then refrigerate.

Spread that on your bread next time with some salt, pepper and italian herbs, then bake/toast.

georgia_home

We call it garlic bombs here. cut whole garlic bulbs in half and bake in a muffin tin. evoo and some powdered spices to your liking. Bake until done.

you can eat straight, spread on bread with butter and maybe cheese.. or just wallow in to go scare away vampires! ;)

don’t go in public for 10-12hrs

georgia_home

Great minds…

picture from last time I posted in this thread … after removal from muffin pan

I roast a couple heads of garlic....cut off the top, put it in a small oven-safe dish, and put a dallop of butter on the top. Roast at 350 for an hour. Let it cool, then squeeze it out...it'll be brown and mushy. Mix it in with a stick of softened butter, then refrigerate.

Spread that on your bread next time with some salt, pepper and italian herbs, then bake/toast.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I like roasted garlic and rube the garlic on toasted bread.

JohnnyD

All good methods. My personal favorite is an old Justin Wilson recipe I just happen to like. Two sticks of softened butter, at minimum two crushed/pressed garlic cloves per stick of butter, grated Romano cheese, some good fresh cracked black pepper. Mix it up and put it in the fridge. Good for a long time and packs a punch.