**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
That's some serious wind boys and girls.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The gusty wind today produced "drifts" of cornfield debris near Grand Forks. Like snow drifts, but corn leaves. #ndwx #mnwx pic.twitter.com/3vvHtuWZ06</p>— NWS Grand Forks (@NWSGrandForks) October 30, 2017</blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Here's what DDD will come at you with if he ever finds his way back in here. This is not a forecast simply because it is too far out, but it is fun to imagine what we all know can happen with a strong CAD event.

22904641_1468883126493627_7819532554193375172_o.png

StriperrHunterr

Here's what DDD will come at you with if he ever finds his way back in here. This is not a forecast simply because it is too far out, but it is fun to imagine what we all know can happen with a strong CAD event.

I like hearing CAD. The house we bought last fall seems to be the southern end of that line based on previous storms where our house in Buford got a little or none at all, and our friends on this street would get 3-4 times what we did get.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team

If it would only be.

Patriot44

Banned
Yeah, I'm glad I'm not over there anymore. Those things suck.

Horrible, you get sand in places that you didn't even know you had... :bounce:

I was in Grand Forks for two days, two weeks ago, and the wind was ripping then. I went for a drive about 20 miles down a dirt road and found a migratory bird reservoir and did a 360 degree shot and that is all that you could hear. Beautiful place!

On another note, all you hear on the radio every five minutes is: Corn down a half a penny; Wheat up a penny; pork down a quarter......That corn is their bread and milk.

StriperrHunterr

Horrible, you get sand in places that you didn't even know you had... :bounce:

I was in Grand Forks for two days, two weeks ago, and the wind was ripping then. I went for a drive about 20 miles down a dirt road and found a migratory bird reservoir and did a 360 degree shot and that is all that you could hear. Beautiful place!

On another note, all you hear on the radio every five minutes is: Corn down a half a penny; Wheat up a penny; pork down a quarter......That corn is their bread and milk.

Yeah, you learn to just blink it out and to enjoy the crunch it provides to your food.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
As soon as DDD comes down from his high from killin that nice buck yesterday maybe he'll come enlighten you boys.

From what I can tell, regardless of the type of precip that falls, the last week of November will start our transition back into a more wintry pattern.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
As soon as DDD comes down from his high from killin that nice buck yesterday maybe he'll come enlighten you boys.

From what I can tell, regardless of the type of precip that falls, the last week of November will start our transition back into a more wintry pattern.

Thats Great news.

Speaking of precip.. any coming to GA soon.. Im not sure if my food plots will make it thru NOV

Status
Not open for further replies.