Generational Nostalgia Biscuits

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Been cleaning out the old home place lately, getting it ready to move into. Everything I pick up holds a thousand memories. This morning, I found Grandma's old biscuit cutter. It probably hasn't been used since the early 80s. My mom had stuck it back in a cabinet. I can still see Grandma cutting biscuits with it. So, I brought it back to the house and made some Granny biscuits with it. It makes biscuits about the size of hamburger buns. I filled them with 1/4 lb. homemade sausage patties. Tasted like old times. Made me happy.

biscuits2.jpg

sausage-biscuit.jpg

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Been cleaning out the old home place lately, getting it ready to move into. Everything I pick up holds a thousand memories. This morning, I found Grandma's old biscuit cutter. It probably hasn't been used since the early 80s. My mom had stuck it back in a cabinet. I can still see Grandma cutting biscuits with it. So, I brought it back to the house and made some Granny biscuits with it. It makes biscuits about the size of hamburger buns. I filled them with 1/4 lb. homemade sausage patties. Tasted like old times. Made me happy.

View attachment 1267070

View attachment 1267071
Looks like the real deal to me.A++

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Outstanding!!

Buttered and covered with Sorghum Syrup would be great too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Outstanding!!

Buttered and covered with Sorghum Syrup would be great too.
My grandma used to take a plate and mix up a half a print of homemade butter with either some of Grandpa's homemade sorghum molasses or King syrup, and sop her biscuits in it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My grandma used to take a plate and mix up a half a print of homemade butter with either some of Grandpa's homemade sorghum molasses or King syrup, and sop her biscuits in it.

Anybody who says the old ways ain't the best ways is just stupid. :rockon:

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I have had to back off on my biscuit consumption due to some health issues, but a biscuit loaded up with meat, egg and cheese is my favorite meal on the planet.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My Ma made biscuits with flour from hopper mounted in a cabinet, had a sifter on the bottom. The cabinet came from the company store. That big blue biscuit bowl seemed to always have flour in it. Lard other makings were added in the bowl. She worked the biscuits by hand. Those biscuits remind me of those days long ago.