Going To Water

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
^My thoughts^ exactly!!

Dang Steve.. Best fishing thread EVER! Thanks for taking me along! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Absolutely right. By far the best posts on the forum and his level of intelligence is second to none. Very talented man in many ways hope he continues the posts myself

10 yrs on this site and this is by far my favorite post. Thank you NCHillbilly! The old ones indeed "Went to Water", not just for special occasions, but everyday. They visited what they called the "Long Man". The Long Man's body consisted of lake's, his arms, legs and fingers were the numerous creeks and rivers. Standing in the water literally gave a direct connection to the Mother. The water flows from the womb of the Earth, our Birth Giver, the one who Nourishes us and gives life to everything. The Old ones, The Proper People, buried near three forks of a creek to ensure that they return to the Mother after the short gift in human form. The words "Go to Water" Literally translates "To Pray" in Cherokee or at least that's the way I've heard it from respected elders. Thank you again for your beautiful words and pictures. Aho! Mitakuye Oyasin!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I don’t know how I missed this NCH. You have done a masterful job of putting my thought and feelings in words in a way I never would be able to express.
I’m drawn to running water in a way that is both soulfully and dare say spiritual to me. I need to Go To Water.

Triple C

I was about to suggest that this essay be posted in the "Around The Campfire" threads. But then I thought better of it. More would see and read it, but it would take away from the reverence of the message.

I just read it the 2nd time. And will go back to it in the months and years ahead.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
The OP needs to be sticky in top of this forum

Taxman

Maybe an edit with car break in and bear attack embellishment
would keep it serene and beautiful!!! lol:)))

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I come here and read this every so often. My dad would have LOVED this. Reading it makes me feel closer to him and I get this in a way that I can’t properly articulate. I go to water often. Even when actual water is not involved. Going to the woods is going to water in terms of what I’m seeking and I go often.