Going Walkabout in the AM...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Been kinda nice the last couple of mornings at work, and a good rain just moved thru...

So I'm gonna load up the 10-22 mag and head off in the morning to look for some pigs.

Also a little squirrel recon.

Maybe I'll get lucky.

I'll walk a few miles, anyway.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Good luck !!! I used to do such as that when my walking game was better.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Walkabout is my favorite way to hunt pigs.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
It’s good for the body and soul......and the weather has been nice too! Good luck and post up some dead pigs!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Well, I been at it since daylight, and it took a while to find fresh sign...

Found a hot little area, and walked a couple miles of firebreaks and two paths. Lots of rooting since yesterday's rain, and some fresh dumps, but I'm only taking home what I brought with me...

Screenshot_20200821-100341.png

Did see a doe and fawn, and a sandhill crane. Got me to wondering if they really are a "ribeye in the sky", and what a .22 Mag would do to him...

I held my fire, and might try again tomorrow...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Well, my hotspot cooled off with a quickness... Went back and walked "the mile that mattered" this morning, and found zero new sign. They have vanished...

Did see a flock of young turkeys scratching around in yesterdays pig rootins, and picked up a new moccasin hatband...

Next time, maybe.

chrislibby88

Well, I been at it since daylight, and it took a while to find fresh sign...

Found a hot little area, and walked a couple miles of firebreaks and two paths. Lots of rooting since yesterday's rain, and some fresh dumps, but I'm only taking home what I brought with me...

View attachment 1034409

Did see a doe and fawn, and a sandhill crane. Got me to wondering if they really are a "ribeye in the sky", and what a .22 Mag would do to him...

I held my fire, and might try again tomorrow...
Can we legally take Sandhills in GA?