GON Blast show

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The actual building at Lake Point is nice, but the location is a pain in the tail to get to for me. I went when it was in Macon, I went when it was in Gwinnett and I will go again. It was pretty much underwhelming as far as actual "hunting" gear deals. Not much to choose from. I got my yearly supply of "Mike's Seasonings" and got to see a few folks that I only see there. If ya'll wanna see a hunting show do yourself a favor and make the trek to Nashville for the NWTF Convention. You won't regret it, it's even better if you just make a weekend of it and stay there at the Gaylord. Resturaunts, waterpark....... good times.

Did you come across 20 to Cartersville?

GON is in a no win. When it was in Macon the northern folks wouldn’t drive across Atlanta and Macon to get there. Now that it’s north the southern folks grumble.
That’s why I never went to any, if they aren’t reasonably close not worth it to me. I’m not big on going to big events. It’s probably hard for people to do shows anymore as a vendor to much online competition with prices and probably hard to make money that way with all they have to invest to make the shows.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That’s why I never went to any, if they aren’t reasonably close not worth it to me. I’m not big on going to big events. It’s probably hard for people to do shows anymore as a vendor to much online competition with prices and probably hard to make money that way with all they have to invest to make the shows.

I was going to buy a hunting seat for a friend, by noon they were sold out.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Did you come across 20 to Cartersville?

Came out 115, down 400, out 9, to 369 to 20 to 75 as I said a pain in the tail......

ghadarits

That makes too much sense. Gotta cater to the rich Atlanta yuppies.
I don’t think their catering to yuppies but like the Braves have probably done a study on where most of their patronage is located. As sad as it is to say in our state one major city contains 57% of the states resident, a disproportionate amount of the population compared to the land size. Then there’s the folks that live in north Georgia out side of metro Atlanta to up that percentag.

Last edited:
Another aspect of the location is it pulls people from tenneseee area aswell. I was told today they have 3 more years on the contract for the show here in Cartersville and then they would look at the next contract whether lake point or some where else

ucfireman

Shows are hard, no real reason to go.
By the time you pay 3.50-4.00 a gallon and drive and hour or two (your time is worth something), then pay the entry fee. The deals had better be really good or its not worth it.
Like others said, you can see everything online. Get good or better deals and have it come to your door. And not deal with the traffic or crowds (I hate both).
That said I really did enjoy shows when I did attend, at least the old buckarama in the 90s. Did the GON twice in Lawrenceville, the second time was better than the first. A hunting or outdoor show shouldn't have gutter guards, kitchen knives or recliners for sale.

baddave

my wife and I thought it was a good show even for the whole family. It had things for kids and wives that don't hunt such as a playground for the kids , face painting, clothing for all shapes and sizes, jewelry a big ol fish aquarium, snake shows and seminars Truck buck shootout, gun giveaway. I takled to a few hundred people and I felt like I was talking to some real hunters, not a bad one all weekend. We'll be doing a booth again next year

Greenhead

What I liked about the Bucaramanga when GON was there was the variety. 10 different tree stand manufacturers, Food Plot Equipment, Loads of Camo and pop up blinds and Fanny packs and You know, Huntin Stuff. The Buckarama has become a “Trinket Show”. I sure hope the Blast doesn’t become that because attending these events have always been a family outing. I want to spend hours in there and dream about all the stuff I’d like to have. I will say this, If you need sauce, splices or Jelly you can sure get that. I thought last year was disappointing and thought it was due to Covid. I’m hoping that this still might be the case and GON can get quality vendors next year. I’m sure they’re busting their butts and already know this. Maybe we can help. Next time your looking at a seed drill or a Millenium stand somewhere, suggest that they look in to participating next year. I’d love to see it doubled or tripled. That would be worth more than 10.00.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I always went for the comradery and fellowship, because I don`t need anything they sell to kill a deer. But I won`t ever attend another one unless they put it in Macon or South. Ya`ll can have that cesspool they call atlanta.