Good News Christians!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Life was a miracle.It was breathed into Adam by God Himself.

I wish I could reply to that as I normally would in person or without censors on.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
"Professing themselves to be wise they became fools"

"The fool hath said in his heart,'there is no God' "

You'll make multiple ignore lists soon if you can't converse.

WaltL1

WaltL1

These are not my words.they were written by Solomon but inspired by God (your creator)
Yes Im aware of where it came from. I definitely wasn't accusing you of having said something of your own.
But of all the things you could have replied you chose it.
And my mother and father are my creator and I can prove it.

WaltL1

Artfuldodger

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal Godhead; so that they are without excuse.Rom.1:20

Are you using this verse to support total depravity or election?
If man can't use his own wisdom to know God why are we without excuse?

welderguy

Neither.
Art, you really should read the whole 1st chapter of Romans to get the whole context.
It's basicly saying that those things of creation,which are clearly seen of ALL people, which are being held or suppressed (vs.18).That the wrath of God will be revealed against those who suppress this truth (atheists who don't repent).

ambush80

Neither.
Art, you really should read the whole 1st chapter of Romans to get the whole context.
It's basicly saying that those things of creation,which are clearly seen of ALL people, which are being held or suppressed (vs.18).That the wrath of God will be revealed against those who suppress this truth (atheists who don't repent).

It's really just funny that you guys can have this discussion down here, where it absolutely doesn't belong, without the thread getting locked down.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It's really just funny that you guys can have this discussion down here, where it absolutely doesn't belong, without the thread getting locked down.

I think it is a tactic used to get threads locked down.
Break the rules and let everyone else suffer.
I'd rather see posts deleted or really, guys just make those posts in the forums where they are intended, instead of entire good threads being locked down.

WaltL1

I actually think its a good thing.
If there is no name calling or threats or people losing their mind it shouldn't be locked down.
We cover a lot of ground in here under the heading of one subject and personally I think that leeway is a good thing.
We would have 20 different threads going on at once if we were sticklers about staying on specific topics.
However I do agree that the OP basically owns the thread and has the right to guide things back on topic or kill the thread etc.
That's my opinion but you know what they say opinions are like... :rofl:

Artfuldodger

In post 14 the discussion shifted towards if science could support God, if God and science were compatible? This was actually still part of the op.
Then is was suggested that man's wisdom even using science could not find God. This could be related to man being totally depraved. It's a basic Christian concept.
In post 16, Welderguy responds with Romans 1:20.
I didn't know how he was using it in relation to the OP but I'm guessing it had something to do with man's depravity, that even with science man will never find God.
If man is totally depraved, he will never find God even with science. This is related to the OP.
Romans 1:20 says that more or less the whole world knows God from the invisible things of his creation. This appears to contradict total depravity by saying "we are without excuse."

The OP is asking if Science proves God's existence.
Gem says man using science will never find God. To go one step farther, man will never find God.

(from the Judge; Ok, I'll allow it this time but watch it, your skating on thin ice counselor.)

ambush80

I think it is a tactic used to get threads locked down.
Break the rules and let everyone else suffer.
I'd rather see posts deleted or really, guys just make those posts in the forums where they are intended, instead of entire good threads being locked down.

I actually think its a good thing.
If there is no name calling or threats or people losing their mind it shouldn't be locked down.
We cover a lot of ground in here under the heading of one subject and personally I think that leeway is a good thing.
We would have 20 different threads going on at once if we were sticklers about staying on specific topics.
However I do agree that the OP basically owns the thread and has the right to guide things back on topic or kill the thread etc.
That's my opinion but you know what they say opinions are like... :rofl:

I don't mind it too, too much. It's good to see people discussing things without getting all bent out of shape. It's just funny to me how they have found a place here amongst the heathens to be able to have such a discussion. It makes me wonder what it is about upstairs that doesn't allow civil discussion.

In post 14 the discussion shifted towards if science could support God, if God and science were compatible? This was actually still part of the op.
Then is was suggested that man's wisdom even using science could not find God. This could be related to man being totally depraved. It's a basic Christian concept.
In post 16, Welderguy responds with Romans 1:20.
I didn't know how he was using it in relation to the OP but I'm guessing it had something to do with man's depravity, that even with science man will never find God.
If man is totally depraved, he will never find God even with science. This is related to the OP.
Romans 1:20 says that more or less the whole world knows God from the invisible things of his creation. This appears to contradict total depravity by saying "we are without excuse."

The OP is asking if Science proves God's existence.
Gem says man using science will never find God. To go one step farther, man will never find God.

(from the Judge; Ok, I'll allow it this time but watch it, your skating on thin ice counselor.)

Don't get me wrong, I like that you guys are trying to sort out your beliefs in a rational, contemplative way. I would encourage you to start a thread, down here of course, where you rationally discuss with fellow believers some of the difficult issues you have with your faith.

In the future, throwing competing Bible verses at each other isn't really Apologistic argument.