Good News Christians!

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I wish I could remember the name of the show and channel so y'all could see what I'm talking about. I think we would find concensus.

WaltL1

There was a lengthy discussion as to how in nature, the female chooses her mate, and the animation kind-a played into the whole male tryin to impress stand-offish female description.

While, in general, this may be true......what I ahve witnessed in nature seems a little more like the female being victimized by the situation. Anybody who has ever watched ducks during mating season knows what I'm talking about.
Hence the term "bucks chasing does". Im guessing she aint running just to be "coy".

ambush80

Yes, there were dinos. But, they weren't trying to figure out how the dinos lived their lives. It was an exercise in imagination based in zero scientific fact. Perhaps there were nests........how does that relate to 10 male dinos sitting on a ridge yelping to the valley from behind their "nest" while the lovely lady dinos slowly walk their direction.....with an expression that could only be described as a smile.

Better? Maybe, but no more useful.

It could have happened this way; kind of like how penguins choose mates. Or......

There was a lengthy discussion as to how in nature, the female chooses her mate, and the animation kind-a played into the whole male tryin to impress stand-offish female description.

While, in general, this may be true......what I ahve witnessed in nature seems a little more like the female being victimized by the situation. Anybody who has ever watched ducks during mating season knows what I'm talking about.

....it could have happened that way. It's an "artists depiction". You've seen that term in paleontology books before I'm sure.

I can clearly picture what you're describing and I'm certain that I would call bull poop on it too.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Hence the term "bucks chasing does". Im guessing she aint running just to be "coy".

That's my thoughts too. I was a little surprised at the documentary making it seem as if natural reproduction was driven by female choice. What I ahve seen in critters, through a very uneducated observation, invovled very little choice on the female part.

ambush80

That's my thoughts too. I was a little surprised at the documentary making it seem as if natural reproduction was driven by female choice. What I ahve seen in critters, through a very uneducated observation, invovled very little choice on the female part.

Most of the time in the avian kingdom, the males can do little more than strut in attempts to lure a female, ducks and their gang rape I believe are the exception. Don't take my word for it. You can look it up.

WaltL1

Probably why man figured out long ago its a lot easier if you get them drunk. :bounce:

WaltL1

Most of the time in the avian kingdom, the males can do little more than strut in attempts to lure a female, ducks and their gang rape I believe are the exception. Don't take my word for it. You can look it up.
That is true that there a lot of examples in nature where the male does all kinds of things to impress the female but she has the choice of whether to be impressed or not.
Matter of fact I saw a show last night that showed how male river porpoises pick up large rocks in their mouth off the bottom and swim up to the surface and hold the rocks up out of the water to, its surmised, show off their strength. Only the males do it and they only do it during the breeding season when females are present.

ambush80

:cheers:

That's all I was getting at. There's plenty of bull poop out there on plenty of sides.

Not to belabor the point but that they made nests is true. That they had skin that had some kind of color is true. Inferences about the nature of the nests and the color of the skin are unsubstantiated but based on real things.

That Jesus walked on water is not provable to be true and there is no physical evidence of it, indeed there's no reason to believe that such a thing is possible. Therefor it's kind of pointless to discuss the physical phenomena of how he did it (except for entertainment value, which no one seems to appreciate besides myself).

ambush80

That is true that there a lot of examples in nature where the male does all kinds of things to impress the female but she has the choice of whether to be impressed or not.
Matter of fact I saw a show last night that showed how male river porpoises pick up large rocks in their mouth off the bottom and swim up to the surface and hold the rocks up out of the water to, its surmised, show off their strength. Only the males do it and they only do it during the breeding season when females are present.

Kooky critters.....There's also alot of gang rape. Dolphins do it.

I always imagined the rampant chaos that might ensue if humans had a breeding season. If there were only a couple weeks a year when women went into estrous.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Not to belabor the point but that they made nests is true. That they had skin that had some kind of color is true. Inferences about the nature of the nests and the color of the skin are unsubstantiated.

Sure. I know that. My entire point is surrounding the ridiculous "it could'a been like this" scenarios. There are seriously endless possibilities if we are going to start calling what-if scientific.

That Jesus walked on water is not provable to be true and there is no physical evidence of it, indeed there's no reason to believe that such a thing is possible. Therefor it's kind of pointless to discuss the physical phenomena of how he did it (except for entertainment value, which no one seems to appreciate besides myself).

I think we once considered the possibility of canoe-shoes......

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That stuff is very interesting. I wish I was better at finding artifacts. There's a few folks on this forum who are excellent at it. I have only found 3 arrowheads in my entire life, and I am constantly watching the ground looking for them.

In that article we have tools made by humans 500,000 years ago in the area of the world exactly where the stories of the Bible take place. One seems to be more accurate than the other as to when humans existed.

ambush80

Sure. I know that. My entire point is surrounding the ridiculous "it could'a been like this" scenarios. There are seriously endless possibilities if we are going to start calling what-if scientific.

Sweet!!!! That's what I'm talking about

Attachments

• canoe shoes.jpg
    canoe shoes.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 37

ambush80

That's part's called a theory.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
That's part's called a theory.

Right, but the honest approach, if the reproduction had to be discussed, would have involved the duck method and the turkey method.

They went with the human method which I thought was just silly.

WaltL1

That stuff is very interesting. I wish I was better at finding artifacts. There's a few folks on this forum who are excellent at it. I have only found 3 arrowheads in my entire life, and I am constantly watching the ground looking for them.
My Dad is a civil war buff and we use to take metal detectors out and look for stuff at places he would research. Found some bullets, parts of buckles and other equipment and even an old cross that was worn around the neck. Of course a bazillion people have already looked in these same places so you generally don't find much. Its interesting though.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
When I was a kid I looked hard for CW stuff. Had a real cheap metal detector. The coolest thing I ever found was an old horseshoe. The only CW bullets I have were purchased in those cheesy gift shops, and are generally dug up at old rifle ranges, and are likely fakes.

One of these days I'll buy a "real" metal detector and get serious about finding something. One mini-ball would be worth it to me. There just seems to be a difference between those fired at a range and those fired in battle......if that makes sense.