Got 6 Non Cell Cameras ready to go in the woods next Saturday....

Buford_Dawg

Formatted the cards and got fresh batteries in them, goodness at the cost of batteries now adays. I like to use the non cell during summer growth and then at club workdays, replace them with my Reveal Cell Cameras. Keep costs down during summer months. Will be putting them over Mineral licks and grown up food plots.

mtclev5651

Formatted the cards and got fresh batteries in them, goodness at the cost of batteries now adays. I like to use the non cell during summer growth and then at club workdays, replace them with my Reveal Cell Cameras. Keep costs down during summer months. Will be putting them over Mineral licks and grown up food plots.
I’m on the same page! Deploying next weekend!

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I learned the hard way on batteries. I put my 1st one out 3 weeks ago and it died due to using 2 year old batteries.facepalm:...Didn't get 10 days worth of pics.:banginghe. And I was getting some good pics from my new place.

I then paid $21 for 2-4 packs of Duracell AA at the local stop-n-rob in Clio, to get my camera back in action.

You can bet next time I check cameras at the Farm, I will have plenty of extra AA's salted away in the truck.

furtaker

I learned the hard way on batteries. I put my 1st one out 3 weeks ago and it died due to using 2 year old batteries.facepalm:...Didn't get 10 days worth of pics.:banginghe. And I was getting some good pics from my new place.

I then paid $21 for 2-4 packs of Duracell AA at the local stop-n-rob in Clio, to get my camera back in action.

You can bet next time I check cameras at the Farm, I will have plenty of extra AA's salted away in the truck.
You might have gotten a bad pack. It's happened to me before. Batteries should last longer than two years if they've been stored properly.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
You might have gotten a bad pack. It's happened to me before. Batteries should last longer than two years if they've been stored properly.
The battaries were used the last time I put out the camera 2 seasons ago. They sat on shelf in my garage in a ziploc last season, due to me being injured and not hunting.

When I put them in the camera, it said 90% battery charge...should have lasted a couple of months, as my Moutrie A35's are not that bad on battery usage.

I guess not.:bounce: Lesson learned though, at least it was early season.

That’s why I built my own battery box with a 12volt 12 ah rechargeable batteries in my cell cams. Get around 6 months on a charge with instant send settings. When the battery gets low swap it out with a fresh charged one in the box

HIGH COUNTRY

I do about the same thing, will be putting out non cell and then the six Reveal cells will add to them later in late summer or maybe september...

I tell you I really like the cheap Muddy regular cams, like $29 on sale at Academy - I did have two die at two year mark left them out in summer and the seal wasnt workign good and they got wet in inside. But at that price, ican live with a couple dying every once in a while. I did notice at recent Cabelas visit, they had new cells that were about a third the size of a regular camera - really small, may have been a Cabelas brand. I like the small size if they work okay - cant remember the price point though...