Ground Blind Buck

01Foreman400

Staff member
Congrats on a great buck
How close was the buck when you shot him?
He was 158 yards. He just peaked his head out into the road and stared at the blind for about 2 minutes. I had several other deer do the same thing. Then he started feeding and easing across. Most deer didn’t pay it any attention.

rugerfan

Congrats, never have had any success with my ground blind.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Congrats! I like to hunt from the ground, especially in thick places.

First time I’ve ever killed a deer from a ground blind. I haven’t really used them until late last season and that was to setup on a buck for my son. I set this blind up the day before I killed this buck. There is actually a boxstand on one end of the road but it’s 664 yards to the other end and I saw a bunch of deer activity one morning while hunting the boxstand and most of it was over 300 yards away. I got in the blind on the afternoon of November 3rd at around 3:00. It was my first hunt in this setup. I saw the first deer about 15 minutes after I had gotten settled. It was a steady stream of deer crossing, feeding and chasing until this buck came out at 5:36. He ran about 25 yards after the shot.

Y’all don’t laugh at my attempt to brush it in. LOL
View attachment 1187689View attachment 1187690
nice buck and congrats to you ! Blind hmm yeah need alittle more work there lol.. but hey it worked

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo!! Making a move helped you get it done and you should give yourself a pat on he back for doing it. That’s a great buck in the first picture, but I don’t see anything in the second photo:huh: Was there a deer way down that road?:bounce:

Back40hunter

Congratulations! I killed my personal best from a ground blind. I have several that I love hunting from. And the older I get the more I like them