Ground Blind Buck

01Foreman400

Staff member
First time I’ve ever killed a deer from a ground blind. I haven’t really used them until late last season and that was to setup on a buck for my son. I set this blind up the day before I killed this buck. There is actually a boxstand on one end of the road but it’s 664 yards to the other end and I saw a bunch of deer activity one morning while hunting the boxstand and most of it was over 300 yards away. I got in the blind on the afternoon of November 3rd at around 3:00. It was my first hunt in this setup. I saw the first deer about 15 minutes after I had gotten settled. It was a steady stream of deer crossing, feeding and chasing until this buck came out at 5:36. He ran about 25 yards after the shot.

Y’all don’t laugh at my attempt to brush it in. LOL
A1F1E520-16D0-4D80-BFC0-C3EE2AF2C156.jpeg0A6ED0F0-C46C-4B61-9534-25C80802EE3F.jpeg

specialk

Looks good, ive used old artificial xmas trees before...nice buck!

uturn

Great Buck Darrell!

I’ve got a ground blind that I tote with me when I travel for the rain but have yet to sit in it anywhere else…if it works like that I need to bring it to my lease the next couple weeks!!

Congratulations again he’s a great buck!

marshallknight

Great buck. I love ground blinds, I started using them to help the kids kill deer, but liked them so good I started using them myself if the situation calls for it.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Congratulations! Which rifle did you shoot him with?
I shot him with the Gradous 300 WSM. I was begging to think that rifle was cursed. This is the 3rd season I had carried it over the years and never have killed a buck with it.

sleepr71

Good Deer! One of my favorite stands is an old Rubbermaid Storage shed(6x6) that I Camo flauged,and cut windows out of. Perfect for kids,rainy days,cold,windy days when I want a heater. Just have to check it for wasp nests & snakes at the beginning of the season

SC Hunter

I shot him with the Gradous 300 WSM. I was begging to think that rifle was cursed. This is the 3rd season I had carried it over the years and never have killed a buck with it.
Heck yeah!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Who cares about the brush in job? You kill awesome bucks! :rockon: