headshot.jpg

:hair: :shoot:

Any of you bow hunters did this??

Randy

Nope. Would never even attempt it!

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Chuck Martin said:
Somebody probabally got a case of the shakes prior to release :bounce: ...........probabally

That or the deer jumped the string. I had a doe spin around on me one time and the arrow just grazed her chest. When I retrieved the arrow it only had a slight hint of blood on one side only. Another reason to keep those shots close.

specialk

we have a member that shoots 3-d tourneys and has killed many deer w/ a bow. he has a 7 pt walk up and bed down 30 yds from him. only thing visible is his head. deer lays there 2 hours, guy finally gives in and decides to shoot, hits it right between the eyes, deer gets up and stumbles around then falls dead........

red tail

GONetwork Member
If that was where they were aiming nice shot, If not what a cool story to tell. I would probably not try it.

Mrbowdeadly

Buddy of mine had one peek at him and cover the "kill" area with her head. Unfortunately the arrow was already in flight and looked just like this. When he takes it to the processor, the processor exclaims "you shot this deer in the head!!" Tony says "yeah, I am not a very good tracker."

MBD :D

hunting 101

i shot a doe in the back of the head; my second bow kill; i was only about 12 feet up in the tree and she was maybe 25feet; i had already drawn and she stuck her head up looking the other way; i probably shouldnt have taken the shot but i did; was only 18 at the time; the loudest cracking noise you will ever hear. and to this day i dont know how i hit her.

Jorge

Lthomas said:
...Wait a min. I had to edit this one. Look at the tip on that arrow. That is a field tip. NO WAY NO HOW WITH A FIELD TIP.
I thought it looked like the broadhead buried into the chest. Maybe it is a field point. :huh:

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
300mag said:
That sure is a long arrow.
Heh, heh, heh... Yeah, and the only deer I ever saw shot in the head by an arrow bled like a stuck hog... ;)

reylamb

Looks to me like a Wasp Bullet broadhead............and a bowhunter that has no business in the woods. The angle of entry on that shot was not a deer jumping the string, it was not a deer just moving his head, it was not a case of nerves. It was a shot from a treestand at an animals head. A serious case of lack of ethics going on here.

Fact is, when aiming at the head, any small movement of slight miss of the arrow can result in a shot jaw, or wounded animal that will suffer a very slow very painful death. Sure, this picture ended well, but how many did not.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
My buddy's first deer with a bow got one through the head. Sheer luck on his part. The big doe turned to run when he shot his old 190fps bow and when she turned to run it slammed her in the back of the head dead between the ears!!!

Luckiest shot I've ever seen. It was a quick kill though!!

Tommy

deersled

my buddy shot his first doe a couple years ago. he told me he shot twice (thought he missed on the 1st). When we recovered her there was blood on one of her ears. Turned out his 1st arrow pierced her ear dead center!! :hair:

H

HT2

Piper........

Either that hunter was really good or really lucky..........