Heads Up - Midway USA (let’s also rate/review the gear!)

Jim Boyd

Well I got good and bad news today...Good news is my rain suit and gloves game in, bad news is I guess I'm going to find out how good Midway stands up to their warranty as the zipper on the jacket keeps coming apart after I zip it up. It zips up fine but then separates from the bottom or in the middle some times.

Darn it man!!

Hope the flaw is not a constant, as I have one coming also.

shdw633

Darn it man!!

Hope the flaw is not a constant, as I have one coming also.

Got some good news Jim. I fixed the zipper myself after looking up a repair on the internet. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and closed down on the clasp a little bit so that the teeth would line up better and it seems to have done the job!! All that being said I am pretty satisfied with it as far as it being camo clothing, I have to wait for a good rain to see how it is as rain wear. BTW....love the gloves your recommended and you're right, can't beat them for $8!!

Jim Boyd

Got some good news Jim. I fixed the zipper myself after looking up a repair on the internet. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and closed down on the clasp a little bit so that the teeth would line up better and it seems to have done the job!!

BTW....love the gloves your recommended and you're right, can't beat them for $8!!

Excellent work Shadow - necessity is often the mother of invention!

glad you think the gloves are a deal also.

I am in Atlanta working but headed home this pm, maybe my rain suit and socks are there by now and if yes, I will check out the zipper.

Appreciate the heads up.

Ugahunter2013

Not sure which rain suit y'all are talking about but I got the Cold Bay jacket and pants. They seem like quality to me. I've tried them out in the rain and they seem to be rain proof so far. I like how the hood extends past the bill of my hat too. My last rain suit didn't do that. They don't have zippers on the pockets but they do have flaps. I do wish they had zippers and flaps.View attachment 998892View attachment 998893View attachment 998894
That looks like the one I have. Definitely not waterproof for me. I wish I had not waited so long to finally wear it or I would have returned it.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Love midway.

Got a great deal on Oakley sunglasses.

1/5th the price I paid on last pair I had and lost in a week or less.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jim Boyd

These are first glance impressions

Cold Bay Rainsuit

Wish the zippers were the larger YKK - but mine work well
It is a little heavier and bulkier than I thought it might be - this is not a packable rain suit
Hood is versatile and can be used several ways
Jacket pockets have two folds and should block water
Jacket and pants are well cut and roomy
Pants go over boots easily with zippers and snaps at leg bottoms
Nice, two cinch sections at waist

At $43, I cannot complain at all!

Midway brand wool mid weight socks

Think they were about $15 for two pairs?
75 % merino wool
Well made, heavier heel and toe
I am a sock junky (love me a good pair of socks) and these look to be great for mid temps, such as 30-45 F
These are not the heaviest socks I have but the wool might offset the weight.

Ok, now I am done for the year - 3 orders.

Not sure if prices will fall any lower - this has become an annual after holiday event for me.

Best of luck!

shdw633

These are first glance impressions

Cold Bay Rainsuit

Wish the zippers were the larger YKK - but mine work well
It is a little heavier and bulkier than I thought it might be - this is not a packable rain suit
Hood is versatile and can be used several ways
Jacket pockets have two folds and should block water
Jacket and pants are well cut and roomy
Pants go over boots easily with zippers and snaps at leg bottoms
Nice, two cinch sections at waist

At $43, I cannot complain at all!

Midway brand wool mid weight socks

Think they were about $15 for two pairs?
75 % merino wool
Well made, heavier heel and toe
I am a sock junky (love me a good pair of socks) and these look to be great for mid temps, such as 30-45 F
These are not the heaviest socks I have but the wool might offset the weight.

Ok, now I am done for the year - 3 orders.

Not sure if prices will fall any lower - this has become an annual after holiday event for me.

Best of luck!

Well we got some rain today and I got to try out the new rain wear and I liked it. Not too hot and repelled the water real nice. I didn't stay in the rain for hours so I can't tell you how long it will keep you dry but for what I was in today it was perfect.

Jim Boyd

Well we got some rain today and I got to try out the new rain wear and I liked it. Not too hot and repelled the water real nice. I didn't stay in the rain for hours so I can't tell you how long it will keep you dry but for what I was in today it was perfect.

Great news!

I see they also have a packable Midway rain suit on sale.

I said I was done, but......

Latest posts