Henry 22 Mag Lever Action

Bear10

I’m considering buying a Henry 22 mag and was wondering if anyone has put a red dot sight on this rifle and how they liked it? I would be using it at close range.

Reactions: Dub

chuckdog

Nothing wrong with optics. Nothing wrong with lever action rimfires.

Combining the two is something I can't bring myself to do. I feel the same about single action revolvers.

With a bit of age on me I know all too well about the eyes going south. I have scopes and red dot sights on most every rifle I shoot, but not the Henry 22lr.

I understand application. If the lever gun was what I had to hunt with, then I'd likely go for it. I'm a light trigger bolt action fan for hunting. One that has eaten his own words concerning battery powered sights for anything other than target weapons.

My lever gun was bought to be a "cowboy" carbine to go along with my 6 shooters. Sudweiser & Coke can hunting.

Bear10

Yes, where ever I can I'm somewhat of an iron sight by preference shooter. But that's just my style.

I’m a big iron sight fan too, but unfortunately as I’m typing this with my reading glasses on LOL, long guns are starting to give me trouble. I’m still ok shooting handguns with open sights, but age is catching up to me unfortunately.

I’ve only used a red dot sight one time and that was on a friend’s crossbow about 15 years ago, I’ve noticed in recent years the red dot is becoming more popular and may be the answer for me whether I like it or not.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I will agree that optics just look odd on a lever gun but I too am among the sight impaired through age crowd. I have one lever gun. It has a slick top but I don't even try to shoot it at anything important.