Henry Single Shot .308 GON happen!!!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Finally caught one at a reasonable price, and it's on the way...

Gonna go way minimal on the glass with either a Leupold 2.5x20, or a 4x28, depending on what's in stock, in a Talley one piece mount.

Also gonna make a leather sling, and a butt cuff cartridge holder for it, for a little Old School style...

I got me a new project!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Got the Talley one piece mount, and a Grov-tec hammer spur on the way. I also have a scope I had forgot about.

It's a brand new in the box Japan made Bushnell Banner 4x32, made in 1980...

I think it's gonna work PERFECT. And it's certainly Old School... ?

Our .223 has a decent trigger. I shot one in 45/70 that had a pretty stiff one. You might get lucky.

Yeah, BB..

I read that the triggers are hit or miss. Maybe I'll get a good one. As long as it's not all the way to TERRIBLE, it'll be fine... ?

Dub

Got the Talley one piece mount, and a Grov-tec hammer spur on the way. I also have a scope I had forgot about.

It's a brand new in the box Japan made Bushnell Banner 4x32, made in 1980...

I think it's gonna work PERFECT. And it's certainly Old School... ?

Yeah, BB..

I read that the triggers are hit or miss. Maybe I'll get a good one. As long as it's not all the way to TERRIBLE, it'll be fine... ?

Can’t go wrong with a Henry.

Can’t go wrong with a .308.

Can’t go wrong with a Talley mount.

You’ll get that trigger dialed in quick.

Flush it out with lighter fluid and dry fire it a bunch. I’ll bet it’s awesome.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
how do you normally set those spurs up? Right side for right hand shooter?

I've seen it done both ways. I've got a lefty buddy that has a right facing spur on his Marlin Guide Gun. He likes it.

I'm a righty, and I like my hammer spurs on the right.

I think it's Uncle Mike's that makes a spur that extends both sides.

I guess it's all personal preference...

Reactions: Dub

Jester896

Senior Clown
i am right handed and install mine to the left. for me...best thing since sliced bread.

When your thumb is across the top of the stock gripping..it's right next to it. Don't have to reach around to the other side....more natural to me

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
i am right handed and install mine to the left. for me...best thing since sliced bread.

When your thumb is across the top of the stock gripping..it's right next to it. Don't have to reach around to the other side....more natural to me

I completely see the point, Jester...And I think I might give it an honest try with this rifle...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Got the top hide glued to a strip of leather, gonna see it when it dries. Don't know exactly how this is gonna turn out, but we'll see..

IMG_20220417_152513852.jpg

GeorgiaGlockMan

That and this one are my all time favorite sling set-ups.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220417-153038_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220417-153038_Gallery.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Dub

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Well, I am not sure how I feel about this thing, but here it is...

IMG_20220417_181121881.jpg

Might keep it, might can it, the rifle will decide...

Wound up with the snake hide folded in half and stitched to itself...Glue refused to stick to either side.

I did learn that a doubled snake hide is strong enough for this purpose, on its own..