hey saltwater fly fishers

gabreamfanatic

well i have now done and gone off the deep end. i am having me a saltwater rod made. what i will be targeing is red fish and trout. or what ever may bite that day. it will be a 4 piece 8 wgt and what i would like to know what would be a good reel for it? i have also decide on the yak i want to get. it will be the trident 11.it looks llike its going to be a good summer this year.

WinMag.300

Money?

how much is the first question. I have two reels at opposite sides of the spectrum and love both.

Okuma SLV 8/9 has served well and I dont get upset bout bangin her up too much. Very reasonalbe and under 80.00 with a great drag that has withstood lots of abuse.

Lamson Guru at 229.00 is a great reel and its got the name to go with it. It looks sharp as heck on just bout any rod.

Then you can get a Nautilus- Im not there yet but would love a deal... :rolleyes: They can fetch upwards of 400.00 again a great reel and it is the fly fishing equivalent of a maserati.

gabreamfanatic

didnt even think about the cost. and i will work on my casting. well as for it being built. it was part of a deal that i have going with the guy that builds my fly rods.

You should call Charleston Angler and ask for their Charleston Angler 7/8 fly reel. It is fully milled, graphite disc drag and fully anodized. I think it is $120.00.