Hidden

StriperAddict

jtQuMEB8U1Zign0477xfcYYu3mdz8mBxaea3evz_D1dxGtQwvdeMBEmB3Tr5ilW96_X7cWI8egdvwK2Dc6M4s_iQ-VORZQ9QLb4Nvlk2SqOiuJXKfd_Q0Z6TlZmFXSByqdxk1Ubanj9HnUx_kTYXccIhwfHzzg=s0-d-e1-ft

What does it mean that my “life is now hidden with Christ in God”? Why is that amazing?

One of the most exciting and liberating aspects of the life that Jesus came to give us is summarized in Colossians 3:3:

“For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.”

Not only did Jesus die on your behalf, but you died spiritually with Him (See Romans 6). Further, the life you’ve been given is not a second chance life or a do-over life, but a life that’s hidden with Him. Why is that good? Because the life you’ve been given—that which animates and motivates you—is an entirely new life. It is God’s actual life, shared with you through your new birth of life. Your new life, Christ’s life, is hidden, not because He doesn’t want you looking around for it in the fear you might find it, but because your new life is indistinguishable from God’s life! You can’t find it by itself, because it’s His life. There is no more by itself because all who receive Him share the same life—the life of God.

Finally, the phrase “appear with Him in glory” doesn’t only mean in heaven and your soon-coming appearance there; it means that the glory He has, the power of His life, He shared with you (John 17:22), and that’s going to be at times obvious in the days ahead. He really is your life, which is why you like and want what He does. That’s why the more you know Him, the more you know about life.

(This is a part of my message, “What Would I Do If I Knew? Part 1” from last Sunday, November 7. I’ll make it available at my web site—ralphharris.org—in a day or two.)

See you later,

Ralph

Ralph Harris Ministries

Last edited:

StriperAddict

Here's the video, “What Would I Do If I Knew? Part 1”