Holidays are over-Get back to work Driveler #266.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Yes sir, I understand. I broke every safety rule imaginable when I was an avid deer hunter.

But allow me to share a story with you that involves MizT's only brother 10 months older than her.

Several years back, he had fallen from a ladder stand while climbing down I believe. It was about a 12' fall too. Later on after multiple surgeries, out of work for months, then back for another surgery and so on, he was diagnosed with Cancer-Leukemia to be specific.

Here's the thing though, his ankle never would ever totally heal up. He had pins and screws in that repair. He was accepted to recieve treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Minneapolis for the Leukemia treatment. Ultimately he was cured 100% of the Cancer, but he had reoccurring Sepsis(infection). They just never could completely cure the Sepsis. They would get it under control, but it would return.

Looking at his ankle after all those years, you could tell it just didn't look right.

To this day, I believe that's where his Sepsis was originating and ended his life.
You just don't realize how strong these words are to me right now! Thank you for giving me a new perspective!

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
That pretty girl of yours is really growing up. She's a beaut! GO GIRL!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
You just don't realize how strong these words are to me right now! Thank you for giving me a new perspective!

Yeah, I hope I didn't insult you or anything like that. It's just that when I looked at your pics that's the 1st thing that came to my mind.

Todd "Jenzo" Jennings, RIP brother!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

Great pictures and a second encouragement about a safety belt and rope.

My brief story is while climbing down from a 14' ladder stand and I had had a safety belt on while in the stand the bar going back to the tree gave way for some reason. Well the ladder collapsed and I fell flat on my back. Luckily there were no rocks, stumps, or other debris so all I ended up with was a mild concussion and sore ribs. From then on every ladder stand I own and climb in has a fall restraint rope that gets used while climbing up or down.

Like Chief before that I would do some stupid stuff looking back on it.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Blood, were those pics from today?

I still can't get over how blue that sky is in the pics. Heck, I was outdoors with the dogs quite a bit today and never even noticed it. facepalm:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
temperature dropping like a rock

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
4* in the last hour

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
It's even cold in the house tonight. :mad: Why can't faucet water be this cold in the HOT summer. :cool: Come on Summer!!! I'll take warm faucet water all day long.:rockon:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Soup beans with ham and corn bread, yum.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Sure, I have no supervision all weekend.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Soup beans with ham and corn bread, yum.

I could live off of them if necessary. I love beans, cornbread, and throw a little meat in them and you've got a fine meal.

I keep saying I'm going to buy 3-4 different kinds in bulk, along with some rice, in airtight storage containers, but haven't yet. :rolleyes:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
howdy quack,

keep the fire burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.