House paint price

hipster dufus

Pondering having my house painted. Ranch w daylite basement. Lil bit of siding/trim to replace. What kind of cost am I lookin at? Monroe/ Walton area. tia

Deerhead

I was talking to a guy Sunday. He is a painter. He said all his business has stopped. It's because of product cost. He use to paint a hour for $2k not that same house is $5k.

B. White

Good luck. I've never paid anybody to paint, but got a quote 18 months ago and it was over $5K. All easy access, except it required more scraping than I had ever done. Went ahead and did it myself a little at a time. I probably will have some of the fascia work done by somebody, if I can get them to give me a date. Got a quote a long time ago and now they are not responsive, so I may end up doing it too.

pjciii

I painted my home once. All I can say if you go that way is don't cheap out on the paint. Go with Sherwin Williams Emerald and this link is good for 40% off thru May 6th. You could buy the paint and find somebody to Sling a brush.

Don't use an old rummy with shakey hands.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I doubt, even using Hispanic laborers, you'll get a quote you're satisfied with.
We built a house in 2020. I got 2 quotes on paint. We got the last guy that painted our last house to come quote. Then we got a crew of Hispanics that had been recommended.
First guy wanted $13k to do exterior and $14k for interior including caulking Hardy siding, doors, windows, trim etc. $27,000 to paint my house!
Other crew did the entire project for $13k and we were very pleased with their work.
I could have bought sprayers and paint and taken weeks to do it myself, but they were done and cleaned up in days.

hipster dufus

Im gettin on in yrs. I painted my house twice. By brush. Good paint, sherwin Williams once and gladden once. Probably got 7 coats on it. Probably can get away with spraying now. These prices are scaring me, i figgered 2500-3000$. I can do it myself, even buying a sprayer it won't cost much. 8 gal for siding, another 3 for trim. 5k$ for 3 days work is a lil much. I tracked my hours last time and was around 80hrs for whole job. By brush ans ladder.ill get some quotes, but i wont pay more then 3k.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Im gettin on in yrs. I painted my house twice. By brush. Good paint, sherwin Williams once and gladden once. Probably got 7 coats on it. Probably can get away with spraying now. These prices are scaring me, i figgered 2500-3000$. I can do it myself, even buying a sprayer it won't cost much. 8 gal for siding, another 3 for trim. 5k$ for 3 days work is a lil much. I tracked my hours last time and was around 80hrs for whole job. By brush ans ladder.ill get some quotes, but i wont pay more then 3k.
IF you can't find the right price and choose D.I.Y., do yourself and family a favor and find someone to hold the ladder.. even at 20 bucks a hour it's worth it. Been there.. didn't do it.. been pay'n for it ever since.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Had mine painted outside within the last year. Caulking all seams and replacing some bad trim, and using Sherwin Williams paint was 5K.

pjciii

I ended just getting a middle of the line Stanley sprayers where the hose goes into the bucket. Once you get the window trim and other items it

Shane Dockery

Just had ours painted, including the deck. Right at $5200. All repair work included. Used this company before and they did an excellent job. This time, not so great. Only had two guys working for two days on the trim/wood repair. Brought in a 3rd guy on day 3 and still didn't finish. Tried coming back on a rainy day and yep, paint dripped everywhere. On the 4th attempt, they finally finished. Gonzales Painting.

DannyW

Sounds like yall have had good prices. Most quotes I've heard lately around Here have been around the 20 to 30k mark for new houses in the 2000 to 3000 Sq ft range.
Agreed^^^^

Must be the location. My home is due for a recoat, 12 years ago it was $5,000 and my house is 3-sides brick. And that was the lowest price with several quotes.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I just bought 10 gallons of Benjamin Moore Direct to Metal for my shop. It was a bit over $500

SarahFair

Pondering having my house painted. Ranch w daylite basement. Lil bit of siding/trim to replace. What kind of cost am I lookin at? Monroe/ Walton area. tia
Let me know if you find someone, we are in the same area and need trim work done.

Hired one guy a few years ago that talked a good game (plus he was the only one out of 3 or 4 people who showed up to give a quote).
Skipped out on the first day because "his aunt died", showed up so high on drugs the 2nd day it took me a couple years of DIYing to undo and fix everything he messed up. Fired the 3rd day before he could step on the property.
We now have trust issues.

Mauser

Last year I paid a guy $3200 to paint a 1500 square foot house with all hardie board. I furnished the paint s-w duration 16 gallons $800 (caught it supposedly half off) watch the sales at s-w,don’t pay residential price. 100$ caulk. 30 seconds outdoor cleaner $120 Another company quoted me $4850 and me furnish everything. I wanted to buy all the materials so I knew what was being used.