New house project

LTZ25

They got it all done and did a great job , painter is coming back next week to put another coat on gutters and install new screen wire on porch . Picking colors in hard but I let my soon and his wife make the call and I couldn't be more pleased .
This project included removing old T-111 siding and installing water barrier replacing with hardy board , replacing a lot of lattice under cover and redoing with horizontal boards , all done by experts that did it the way it is supposed to be installed . Then beautiful paint job using top of the line sherwin Williams paint . This cost a total of $29,985.00 . When I got the estimate I though it seemed high but after seeing the quality of the work I have no problem with price .

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpeg
    IMG_3092.jpeg
    456.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3093.jpeg
    IMG_3093.jpeg
    869.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3097.jpeg
    IMG_3097.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3096.jpeg
    IMG_3096.jpeg
    583.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

SLY22

Useles Member !
They got it all done and did a great job , painter is coming back next week to put another coat on gutters and install new screen wire on porch . Picking colors in hard but I let my soon and his wife make the call and I couldn't be more pleased .
Looks great! How backed up was the contractor once you decided to move forward with the project? Seems to me most contractors still have long lead times before they are willing to start a new project.

LTZ25

He happened to be a family friend who keeps a crew over at at Lake Oconee it worked out perfectly . I never got another price because I knew him his whole life and his men at dang good at this . My next door neighbor got new Hardy board last year and all I've heard from her is that she wished they would have done her house . She didn't think to go with the shakes or board and batten . She probably paid maybe half of what I did but you can tell by looking .

pjciii

It looks like they did a great job. That top of the line Sherwin Williams is pricey all by itself.

Core Lokt

This project included removing old T-111 siding and installing water barrier replacing with hardy board , replacing a lot of lattice under cover and redoing with horizontal boards , all done by experts that did it the way it is supposed to be installed . Then beautiful paint job using top of the line sherwin Williams paint . This cost a total of $29,985.00 . When I got the estimate I though it seemed high but after seeing the quality of the work I have no problem with price .
Never heard of painting gutters. We picked the color of metal and it was already good to go. They just ran the metal through the forming machine. Your house looks really good I must say.

LTZ25

It looks like they did a great job. That top of the line Sherwin Williams is pricey all by itself.
YES it is . They used over 150 tubes of caulking , every one of those board and batten boards have to be caulked on both sides plus everything else , I think it took a whole day to caulk .

Core Lokt

You can't go wrong with the Hardy board. Check with your insurance. We got the same rate as if the house was brick or block. After all, it's just concrete.

LTZ25

Never heard of painting gutters. We picked the color of metal and it was already good to go. They just ran the metal through the forming machine. Your house looks really good I must say.
never though about new gutters , only have about 40 feet . I'll probably find a local gutter guy and get new gutters .

LTZ25

Well job is finished today , last things were new screen on porch and got the pine straw off roof !!!! job came out perfect .

Attachments

• 73058346897__BCB55684-75BA-4266-8C16-663D06F08695.jpeg
    73058346897__BCB55684-75BA-4266-8C16-663D06F08695.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 25
  • 73058343877__3DAB25E9-6A5C-4510-87F2-5811DCE5DB3F.jpeg
    73058343877__3DAB25E9-6A5C-4510-87F2-5811DCE5DB3F.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Resized_20240225_145842.jpeg
    Resized_20240225_145842.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 25

sinclair1

:bounce: Well job is finished today , last things were new screen on porch and got the pine straw off roof !!!! job came out perfect .
I would have to throw a for sale sign on it at $200k over your wildest dream.

LTZ25

I would have to throw a for sale sign on it at $200k over your wildest dream.
Those lake places are going for crazy numbers now , but I'm just too old to go a different way now , I still live in Fayetteville and just not in good enough health to leave permanently , my favorite area is any costal area but grandkids are in this area .