How many deer are you allowed.....

bigolebuck

in Georgia?

Just curious as to how many bucks/does you can shoot with the bow,rifle,muzzle........

Of course legally.

fredw

Retired Moderator
10 does and 2 bucks are the general state limits. However, if you hunt on Wildlife Management Areas where the DNR issues tags, any deer taken doesn't count against you general state limit. If you hunt private land and the managed hunts where the DNR issues tags, you can legally take a bunch.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Actually there is a loop hole in the state owned lands typically called Wildlife Management Area's or WMA's for short.

If you hunt a WMA during the archery season, you must tag your deer with your own tag's.

As other's have said, 10 does and 2 bucks here in Georgia. One buck can be any buck with visible antler above the hair line. Your 2nd buck must have 4pt's of 1" or longer on one beam to be legal.

Tommy

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I believe what fredw was trying to point out is that there are some hunts, specific days or weekends, where the WMA manager will tag your deer and you do not have to record it on your harvest record.

All WMA's do not offer that opportunity.

Kdog

Don't forget about the State Park hunts.

Kdog

GeauxLSU

fredw said:
If you hunt private land and the managed hunts where the DNR issues tags, you can legally take a bunch.
What's different about private land?

fredw

Retired Moderator
Probably could have stated it better Phil. Point that I inadequately tried to make is....the state limit is 12 (10+2). However, the total number of deer you can legally take can exceed the state limit by the number of deer taken on the hunts on some WMAs and other places that tag your deer for you.

GeauxLSU

fredw said:
Probably could have stated it better Phil. Point that I inadequately tried to make is....the state limit is 12 (10+2). However, the total number of deer you can legally take can exceed the state limit by the number of deer taken on the hunts on some WMAs and other places that tag your deer for you.
I gotcha. Thought now that I finally owned a place to hunt I had some options I didn't know about. :eek: Makes sense now.