How many

Bud Man

Did you add the ones you saw in North Georgia to your 53 ? I've never really tried to keep up with how many deer I see in the season, generally see anywhere from 5 to 10 on every sit,just always try to enjoy and manage for the best visibility and sightings.

livetohunt

Hundreds of deer total but VERY few mature bucks and even less bucks that are both mature and high scoring.

Swamprat

Swamprat
On our GA property when they are travelling during the rut you might see 8-12 bucks in a day and maybe 10-15 does/yearlings.

We have one community scrape that has been active for last 10-12 year, we set a camera up on every year and we can have 20 different bucks using it during the week. 10% are regulars and the others just pass through once.

Property is on a river so that contibutes as a great travel corridor for bucks.

Blackston

Did you add the ones you saw in North Georgia to your 53 ? I've never really tried to keep up with how many deer I see in the season, generally see anywhere from 5 to 10 on every sit,just always try to enjoy and manage for the best visibility and sightings.
No sir I just count those as a blessing!!!! Top notch guiding all I do is show up , It don’t get no BETTER!

MYRX

I keep a log each year. This year I saw 12 different bucks 8 - 10 points. I don't record other deer sightings. But since I am retired and hunt 5 mornings a week, I suspect that I easily saw over a hundred deer this past season. It was a most enjoyable season.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I really have no idea. I saw deer quite a few times, but still a lot of no show sits, or way off glimpses. I did let more small deer walk than ever before…..rewarded but still torn on whether or not it was a good idea. I really like the bow hunting more than anything.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Around here, if I see three or four deer after hunting hard every day in our three-week season, it was a good one. Some years, half that. I have hunted in other places where I expected to see deer every sit.

buckpasser

Around here, if I see three or four deer after hunting hard every day in our three-week season, it was a good one. Some years, half that. I have hunted in other places where I expected to see deer every sit.
What do you make of the low population in terms of should it be higher? Can it be higher? Will it get higher?

Buford_Dawg

I keep a log every year. This year I quit counting at 125 mid December. Many of those I imagine were the same deer, but I just count sightings while on stand. I saw 19 different bucks this year, saw many of them multiple times. It was a good year in OC. Finally see the deer herd stabilize after deer numbers had dwindled last 10 years or so. Thankfully the clubs around me no longer blast every doe they see and are trying to better manage their properties.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Maybe 70 but they were the same 10-15 deer.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
This is a great question and having no clue kinda erks me. I’m gonna try and tally next year.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
This is a great question and having no clue kinda erks me. I’m gonna try and tally next year.
I’m gonna try the same thing . Also see actually how many times I hunt . But I’ll only share here :D

grouper throat

150-200 I'd guess? While running dogs you'll see 15-20 deer or more a day frequently, but I rarely see double digits in the stand.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Never, ever tried to keep track. I know I saw about 30 to 40 different bucks this season. Shot the 2 bucks I wanted. I spend as much time scanning tree lines riding the road as I do in the stand. I just love seeing Deer. Not to sure about how many I see behind the house from my desk.

Last edited: