How many read this?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I get the new edition every year around this time. I still have a few past years copies of this one, and the Greers Almanac around here somewhere. Lots of interestin` information in em too. I`ve been readin` these books since I was old enough to read.

Attachments

• MVC-059F.JPG
    MVC-059F.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 600

wandering cowboy

My Grand dad used to subscribe to 'em. I read them alot then, but not since he passed. Might need to change that used to be some interesting reading at times.
Nathan

dutchman

Farmers Almanac, Market Bulletin, Grit Magazine, and Sears Roebuck Catalog.

Man, it's been a long time since I though about Grit.

Mr. Vernon, I can't believe you didn't include The National Enquirer in your list.;)

My granddaddy (mama's daddy) not only read 'em, he used them to figure out when to plant. He and my grandmama never did anything in the ground without first consulting the Farmer's Almanac. And if somebody had a question about the signs, they didn't have to go back and reread it. They memorized the dern thing.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Is Grit still published? I haven`t seen one of those in years! I still the Market Bulletin.

packrat

almanac

I get the new edition every year around this time. I still have a few past years copies of this one, and the Greers Almanac around here somewhere. Lots of interestin` information in em too. I`ve been readin` these books since I was old enough to read.

Shoot Nic,
Next to the Bible it's the most honest book published.
Get one every year.

secondseason

Retired Administrator
I haven't had a garden in years but I still get the almanac to tell when to get a haircut. The moon phases have a lot to do with a lot of things. I can still hear my granny say "the signs are in the knees". Thank you, Nic for bringing those memories back to me.

franklinm

Nic I have one of those got it when my Mom pasted.
It was dated the same year she was born 1900.
Think I will keep it.

Mojo^

I've been reading them cover to cover every year since I was a kid and refer to it several times throughout the year. It just wouldn't seem right not to have one around the house.