How to remove this yoke

WishboneW

No key way, no bolt, screw, our Allen screw through this to hold it to the shaft.

How does it come off, 3 finger gear puller?

2E980A99-DAA9-481C-B37E-6508C630ABC5.jpeg16C4EEAF-763E-49BC-A8FC-2E017D82E67E.jpeg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
A three-jaw puller might move it.
If you have access to one a bearing separator type puller might be a better option.

Harbor Freight has one that's priced pretty cheap. They are a handy tool.
You can probably find a YouTube video showing you how one works if you don't already know.

WishboneW

If you have access to one a bearing separator type puller might be a better option.

You can probably find a YouTube video showing you how one works if you don't already know.

Thanks. Never have seen one of those.

I will have to check it out

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. Never have seen one of those.

I will have to check it out

I used one many times in my maintenance career. The ones I used were industrial heavy-duty grade. But if you buy that cheaper set you will find other uses for it later.
That collar is good for using in a shop press as well.

WishboneW

Where did ya hit it? See if you can make it go side to side if that makes sense?
First thing I do is bang it real good around the sides then put a 14 inch punch against the back and hit it several times moving it around evenly all around that back lip. No movement

WishboneW

I used one many times in my maintenance career. The ones I used were industrial heavy-duty grade. But if you buy that set you will find other uses for it later.
That collar is good for using in a shop press as well.
I gotta do something different. The hammer method has produced no results.

If autozone has a big enough 3 finger I may rent that for a try tomorrow

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Puller, cut off wheel, or if you can remove the gear box and get it to a press that would move it.

earlthegoat2

Here is a video for a puller. Yoke is bearing cap type, but removal process would be similar to what you could do. Once some pressure is applied with puller, tap on head of puller bolt and then apply more pressure. A good coating of wd40 or pb blaster could help also.

I kludged together something similar to this with a large solid rod drilled and tapped for 1/2-13 threaded rod and welded a nut onto the threaded rod for a wrench.

It worked for pulling off the pinion yoke on my F-250 when I was replacing the pinion seal.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.

That’s what I was going to say

baddave

2 arm puller for sure.. ez pz