Hypocritical Pastors ?

Hawkeye

Now I hear here and in other communities ,christians say.
Christ did away with the law.

And then everytime i visit a christian Church I hear the preaching and asking for the tithe.
So which one is it , Are we under the law or not ?

Or the law law left standing is the tithe ? :type:

Randy

Man you have opened a hornets nest now!:hair:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I never heard a preacher put it that way,I have heard this quoted many times however:
M't:5:17: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
M't:5:18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
The law convicts, grace saved us from the hot place, (I would have typed around the sensors but one of the Mods just started a thread saying they would deal with you if you did)

SBG

I never heard a preacher put it that way,I have heard this quoted many times however:
M't:5:17: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
M't:5:18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Amen!

leroy

I your heart is right you will want to tithe. Just like Church attendance you do it because you want to not because you think you have to.

SE.GAcoondawg

Christ fulfilled the law on Mt. Calvary. The law was to show man that they could not save themselves. There was 635 laws not just 10. God showed man through the law that a savior was needed, his son. As for tithing it costs money to run a church, law or no law.

toddboucher

lets look at it this way, the tithe was set up before the law. Genesis 14:20 say Abram gave the tithe, then in Chapter 15 God told abram I am your shield (your protector), and your very great reward(paycheck- a very good one). Then God set up the Covenant, thats what the tithe did.
Now for a deeper look under the law in giving they were told what to give and if we miss we must make it up. Grace is above law right, so we should give much more. Matthew 6:2-4 " So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you".So according to your excuse we now should give all. :D tithing was never done away with, but now we are now to give through Grace. I have been truly blessed through my tithe and offering and will continue to tithe so I'll continue to be blessed.

He's a good big God!!!!!!

Double Barrel BB

I tithe.

I don't tithe because I think I will get more blessings, I tithe because everything I have, every bit of money I earn, isn't even mine in the first place. God allowed me to make the money. There for the least I can do is give as He has requested, because if He really wanted to He could take it all.

God is a very jealous God.
Ex 20:3 "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

To some money and possessions have become a god. What they don't realize is that everything is God's. He allows us to have what we have, earn what we earn.

DB BB

SPITCAN

I tithe.

I don't tithe because I think I will get more blessings, I tithe because everything I have, every bit of money I earn, isn't even mine in the first place. God allowed me to make the money. There for the least I can do is give as He has requested, because if He really wanted to He could take it all.

God is a very jealous God.
Ex 20:3 "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

To some money and possessions have become a god. What they don't realize is that everything is God's. He allows us to have what we have, earn what we earn.

DB BB

RIGHT ON! BROTHER!

Hawkeye

lets look at it this way, the tithe was set up before the law. Genesis 14:20 say Abram gave the tithe, then in Chapter 15 God told abram I am your shield (your protector), and your very great reward(paycheck- a very good one). Then God set up the Covenant, thats what the tithe did.
Now for a deeper look under the law in giving they were told what to give and if we miss we must make it up. Grace is above law right, so we should give much more. Matthew 6:2-4 " So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you".So according to your excuse we now should give all. :D tithing was never done away with, but now we are now to give through Grace. I have been truly blessed through my tithe and offering and will continue to tithe so I'll continue to be blessed.

He's a good big God!!!!!!

Aaaah ! a man that knows his Bible, refreshing.