I’ll just leave these here

godogs57

This Kinchafoonee Hunter blade…..dang. Glad I resurrected this design this past year. Still taking off like a rocket.

First one is a Damascus steel blade with a stabilized Tasmanian Blackwood handle. Good Lord the depth of the figure on this wood. Unbelievable. I obtained a few chunks of this wood only recently and am just blown away.

IMG_9942.jpeg
CPM154 stainless with some gorgeous stabilized spalted maple. Made for one of our very own here. Hope he’s happy!
IMG_9939.jpeg

If you see this sign, look around and you’ll probably see Nicodemus sneaking around:

IMG_9937.jpeg

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
EXCELLENT craftsmanship as usual.
Beautiful knives for sure and I'd DEFINITELY buy one from you but I'm bad about losing knives.
I would openly cry if I lost one of those works of art.

I got a few gun builds going but I might make a few knives and see what I can do later on.

I was a Tool & Die Maker before I went into Engineering and know just about as much metallurgical stuff as anybody and can run all the manual and CNC equipment + Water Jet and laser.

I made a few very nice knives when I was in my early 20's but it would DEFINITELY be a challenge to even get in the neighborhood with you.

Par Excellence for sure !!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
This Kinchafoonee Hunter blade…..dang. Glad I resurrected this design this past year. Still taking off like a rocket.

First one is a Damascus steel blade with a stabilized Tasmanian Blackwood handle. Good Lord the depth of the figure on this wood. Unbelievable. I obtained a few chunks of this wood only recently an am just blown away.

View attachment 1237796
CPM154 stainless with some gorgeous stabilized spalted maple. Made for one of our very own here. Hope he’s happy!
View attachment 1237798

I'm more than happy Hank. It's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, I will treasure it and yes, it's going into the field this Fall and hopefully it gets blooded this year.

That is as beautiful a knife as I have ever seen I have a question l have never heard of stabilized wood can you direct me to any website or other places where I can learn more about it

turkeykirk

Great looking knives!

Redbow

Beautiful knives for sure, if I had one of those knives it would never leave my house, for fear of losing it. The colors on the handle of the second one reminds me of the colors on a Timber Rattlesnake.

godogs57

Beautiful knives for sure, if I had one of those knives it would never leave my house, for fear of losing it. The colors on the handle of the second one reminds me of the colors on a Timber Rattlesnake.
Saw one of those just yesterday morning. Last week mowing my deer spot I watched a 6’ EDB crawl in front of me and the tractor. Beautiful ol girl.

Last edited:

godogs57

Thanks for the info on stabilized wood it's real interesting
There’s a number of providers that market stabilized wood for Knifemakers. K&G, referenced above, is the ONLY stabilizer that I, and 90% of other Knifemakers trust. They are the “800# gorilla” in that market. When sellers advertise their wood blanks, they’ll be sure and denote “stabilized by K & G” in their write up so there’s no question. There are hundreds of part time/amateur stabilizers that just can’t do what K&G does.

When wood is stabilized the acrylic resins must be forced, by pressure or vacuum, into each pore of the wood before they are cured. It takes very specialized equipment to pull this off. The part time guys just don’t have this type of industrial equipment. For example, I’ve seen some 1 1/2” square blocks stabilized by amateur or “backyard “ setups and the resins failed to penetrate more than say, 1/4”. The interior of that 1 1/2” square block is still raw.….useless if the job requires stabilization. Some woods will not take stabilization because of the oil’s present in the raw wood. Examples are desert ironwood, snakewood and cocobolo. We just finish those raw, polish or leave satin finished and you're good to go. I usually put on two or three coats of clear wax myself and call it done.

Last edited: