I am addicted!

Kowboy

I just recently went on a semi-guided hog hunt in south Georgia and I absolutely love it! I have deer hunted for many years and I have been out west hunting and nothing compares to a spot n stalk hog hunt! I want to try this night time hunt, but I ain't gonna spend $500 a night. Do any of y'all know where I can find one cheaper than that?

georgia_home

I think wma stamp is $19. Read more on this board to find wma's with hogs. There are some good posts out there.

Kowboy

I think wma stamp is $19. Read more on this board to find wma's with hogs. There are some good posts out there.

Thanks bud, but don't you have to use the weapon of what is in season?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

So go get yourself a .22 mag(lr will work too), or take the shotgun with some high brass turkey loads........or a ML if you must, yuck:bounce:

The night time thermal hunting must be like no other-I watch the videos over and over and dream of going..............but if you want to go do that, you will have to pay.

You have to remember, those guys have THOUSANDS of $$$$$ in that equipment they let you use...........if it were cheap, we'd all be doing it, trust me!

BTW-I am addicted too....good stuff ain't it

georgia_home

Ain't no bout adoubt it, you do have to do your homework, but this one hunt club, THE WMA, has a pretty low membership fee.

At $19, it has good and bad points, but lots of folks here killl pigs, and loads of other stuff. Read the rules, understand and obey them, and you'll have all sorts of hunting opportunities, including hogs.

keowens31

i just heard this morning,that the last hog in south ga. was killed around 8 this morning on a wma. so no hogs down here, better look from middle ga. to west ga. for a chance at a hog.

730waters

Kowboy, where did you go in South Ga?? Would love to go on a hunt for hogs. Cost, lodging, etc??
Thanks for any info.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Kowboy, where did you go in South Ga?? Would love to go on a hunt for hogs. Cost, lodging, etc??
Thanks for any info.

Dude! Check out the regs book or just go online.......them pigs is closer than you think!! No need to go South, unless you want the ez walkin on the flat terrain......Better hurray, small game season ends Feb 28th I think..........then you will have to wait like 2-3 weeks for Turkey season to start:biggrin2:

Even if you go way South to the flat terrain, you'll have to deal with Palmettos and you cannot see past them if they are thick.......I'll take the hills:cheers:

kornbread

nightvisionhoghunting.com is also $500 but you get what you pay for.......

Kowboy

I went to Toomsboro Ga, near Milledgeville. It was $100 per day and kill all you want. Neal Smith was the guy's name, we have booked a second trip with him already. Me and my partner have talked about the cost of night hunting and we realize you get what you pay for. So we are just gonna save our pennies for a while I reckon. Neal advertises in the GON magazine, I highly recommend him, although he is the first and only guide I have used on hogs.

Kowboy

I killed one hog that weighed 100 pounds on the hoof, but I didn't know what to expect. I brought my 7mm mag that is scoped. It is very hard for me to find a running pig in a scope. Next weekend I am bringing a 30-30 with just iron sights. I will find his number and pm you with it. I am seriously thinking about purchasing an ar-15 for these things, anybody agree/disagree?

Kowboy

ok, that sounds even better. I am on the lookout for an AR-10.

Trapper Glatzer

Let me politely disagree on the AR 10 v/s the AR 15. The AR15 in the 6.8 SPC w/ the 110 grain round is death on a pig. Plus the gun weighs 4-5 lbs. less, which is a huge difference while walking the woods.