I am angry... trespassers hunting on my land caught on camera

outdoorman

Over the couple years I've owned my property, I keep seeing the same individuals trespassing and hunting on my game cameras.
Last year, I gave videos to the game warden and met with the county sheriff on the property to make reports. Just watching my sd cards this evening I see the same individuals as last year and one of them is pulling a sled with a nice buck in tow riding an atv from my property.
I don't live there so can't be there to catch them in the act. Any suggestions to get the wardens motivated to find the identity and stop this?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Find something they’ve torn up like roads, food plots, trees, etc. anything you can accuse them of.

File a report with Sheriffs department for property damage / trespassing. They’ll at least question them. Might be enough to get their attention.

Bubba_1122

I had a trespasser last year and the local GW was all over it. Guy had put a ladder stand up on isolated area of property.

Game warden was patient, but eventually found where he’d drug a deer out. Caught him in the stand couple of days later. Went to his house and confiscated the deer.

Killing the deer ended up costing the guy a lot more money. Game warden also confiscated it.

Outdoorsman, if the local game warden isn’t responding then climb the ladder until you find someone that’ll work the case (I actually met the supervisor for my area a couple of years ago. Found we have a mutual friend. At the end of our conversation he gave me his card with his mobile number on it. Not gonna trouble him if don’t need to but if had a GW that woudn’t enforce the law I’d reach out to him in a heart beat (and I think he’d want me to).

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Over the couple years I've owned my property, I keep seeing the same individuals trespassing and hunting on my game cameras.
Last year, I gave videos to the game warden and met with the county sheriff on the property to make reports. Just watching my sd cards this evening I see the same individuals as last year and one of them is pulling a sled with a nice buck in tow riding an atv from my property.
I don't live there so can't be there to catch them in the act. Any suggestions to get the wardens motivated to find the identity and stop this?
If the Individual on camera can be identified and located a case can be made.

File a police report and then call an attorney and sue the guy for damages to your land..$5000 sounds fair.

E-mail the photos and the situational details with your intentions to the DNR and start copying every email you see on their website. Likely they are not doing anything about it because one of them is friends with the guy. When it starts getting more light on the subject you might be surprised what happens...

Last edited:

CaptKeith

That’s horrible! I hope you go after them and can press charges. I want to see them in the back of my GON magazine!