I need some ideas and help with mounting a transducer

Arrow3

My lowe roughneck has a lowrance unit at the center console and one on the front left. The problem is both transducers are mounted on the back of the boat. A friend of mine gave me a Hook 2 that came off of his 2020 Ranger. I'd like to mount it on the right side of the front of my boat and have the transducer up front of I'm in the front seat running the trolling motor. As you can see in the pictures I have a track on both sides to mount stuff too. I need some sort of independent system to mount the transducer to that will run in this track.

or im open to other ideas....20220714_091031.jpg20220714_090904.jpg20220713_220223.jpg

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
There should be a mount available that puts the transducer on the bottom of the trolling motor.
It looks like a giant hose clamp with the transducer mount on it.

Arrow3

There should be a mount available that puts the transducer on the bottom of the trolling motor.
I guess I should have made myself more clear. I don't want to mount it on the trolling motor due to the spot lock . The motor turns so much in higher wind it will be a pain with the transducer cable.

But I'm dealing with something I've never have before with these trolling motors .

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I guess I should have made myself more clear. I don't want to mount it on the trolling motor due to the spot lock . The motor turns so much in higher wind it will be a pain with the transducer cable.
Gotcha. I ran into the same problem on my Ulterra. The twist wasn't really that bad but I didn't like having to pay so much attention to it. I think the back is the only alternative

ryanh487

There are trolling motor mounts, folding kayak mounts that flip down into the water and mount on tracks, and you can also use a transom saver that glues to the hull and allows you to screw into it without putting holes in the hull.

Arrow3

There are trolling motor mounts, folding kayak mounts that flip down into the water and mount on tracks, and you can also use a transom saver that glues to the hull and allows you to screw into it without putting holes in the hull.
The folding kayak mount would probably work good but I asked a friend that is big into kayaks and he said he didn't know of any that would mount in that track.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Look for one of the pole mounts being made for the Garmin Panoptix. I have a feeling you could engineer your transducer on one of them. Heck, you may just want to go to Panoptix anyway. I have a feeling it would fit your style of fishing well.

across the river

Burton

I have an idea.....it ain't the best, but....I've done similar with my track on the tracker.

You can bolt a short length of 2X4 vertically in the track. Screw in another short piece (6 inches or so) so that it 90s off the side of the boat. Get one of these trolling motor brackets to clamp on to the piece hanging over the boat.

https://www.amazon.com/Minn-Kota-Br...ocphy=9010616&hvtargid=pla-572145823118&psc=1

Put PVC in the trolling motor hole and attach transducer to bottom. Now you can flip it out of the water in a couple seconds (but it will be hanging off the boat / parallel until you remove it).

Poor man's sketch below

sketchy.png

Lindseys Grandpa

I built this for my tracker Grizzly with the versa track system . It works fine even forgot it was down a ran on plane with it (not recommended )

Attachments

• 601F7D63-D66B-48B3-96D4-B9137A2E0546.jpeg
    601F7D63-D66B-48B3-96D4-B9137A2E0546.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DE0F6D38-1FD6-4479-B17F-B05777E6D2DE.jpeg
    DE0F6D38-1FD6-4479-B17F-B05777E6D2DE.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 21
  • C0797FB3-F3FB-476D-9840-2D383957322C.jpeg
    C0797FB3-F3FB-476D-9840-2D383957322C.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 17

Wire Nut

Pull the head off the trolling motor and the collar. Slide the shaft out. Run the transducer wire thru the hole the shaft goes in and the slide the shaft back in. There’s a gap in the shaft that the wire can lay in. Put a bead of black silicone in the gap and bed the wire into it. Run you cable back down thru the coiled cable and you’ve got it. I can send a pic of the finished product if you want