If you had a chance

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Was just thinking how we all look forward to deer season every year and it seems like it takes forever ever year. If you had the chance to take 2 good bucks the first 2 sits of the year would you shoot them and be done for the year? I know you can shoot does but man it would be hard to be done so early and have to wait till next season. I’m sure I’d shoot one and would at least try to wait for the rut so I could enjoy it a little more. Just a question

Big7

The Oracle
Was just thinking how we all look forward to deer season every year and it seems like it takes forever ever year. If you had the chance to take 2 good bucks the first 2 sits of the year would you shoot them and be done for the year? I know you can shoot does but man it would be hard to be done so early and have to wait till next season. I’m sure I’d shoot one and would at least try to wait for the rut so I could enjoy it a little more. Just a question
I would shoot the bucks. No question about it. And then tag out on does but since Daddy passed away I prolly wouldn't need to tag out. Me and him were the only family that would eat it and one of Mama's church buddies loves venison so I'd get her one every year.

When I was in that awesome club near Warrenton and could shoot them like rabbits, I donated a bunch to Hunters For The Hungry. I worked with the guy that owned Garner's Grinder.

slow motion

If they were ones I wanted I would. I've taken 1 in either archery or ML and one opening day of rifle a few times. If you dont want or need a doe then there's always something else to do in the woods. Plant plots. Hunt hogs or squirrels. Watch deer. Learn more by watching than shooting. As already mentioned lots of good fall fishing too.

Dirtroad Johnson

Last year I got one of the bucks I wanted (11 pointer) on October 25 I think without looking it up, another buck I was interested was a double beam buck that I had several videos of. Never seen a live double beam buck before, well I saw him twice from my stand in November & didn't shoot him cause I only had 1 tag left. There was a booner killed less than 3 miles south of me so I was sort of thinking what if ....
After not seeing him for 10 -15 days or so, I got to thinking that buck is really rare & made my mind up if I got the opportunity again that I would not pass on him. He came by my stand again Dec.2 & I got him. He & the 11 pointer are at the taxidermy now. It did feel a little awkward sitting in the stand for another 5-6 weeks knowing if something freakish stepped out there was no shooting it.

Blackston

Last year I got one of the bucks I wanted (11 pointer) on October 25 I think without looking it up, another buck I was interested was a double beam buck that I had several videos of. Never seen a live double beam buck before, well I saw him twice from my stand in November & didn't shoot him cause I only had 1 tag left. There was a booner killed less than 3 miles south of me so I was sort of thinking what if ....
After not seeing him for 10 -15 days or so, I got to thinking that buck is really rare & made my mind up if I got the opportunity again that I would not pass on him. He came by my stand again Dec.2 & I got him. He & the 11 pointer are at the taxidermy now. It did feel a little awkward sitting in the stand for another 5-6 weeks knowing if something freakish stepped out there was no shooting it.
Show us the bucks !!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
The 2 right ones …. Heck yeah ! I’d be searching for some WMA bonus buck hunts though . I can hunt without killing a buck for a while but sitting there knowing I can’t shoot one is a different story .