If you had a chance

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Id shoot 2 early season for sure, even if both show up on opening morn of archery. The way I look at it is ....Im gettin up there in age and only have so many sits left so I aint passing up a good buck if presented a shot.
Keep on keeping on my brother! We ALL, have a limited number of sits left……every single one of us! I say we all should Have fun and enjoy every sit like it’s your last! :cheers:

James12

Would have to be a special deer… too many other days to kill for the table, nor can I imagine what a bummer it would be knowing the rut was on and not having a tag. Honestly I don’t know anyone that truly loves to hunt that could agree that’s a good idea. This of course excludes the travel to hunt a week or two type scenario, or those with very short seasons. But if I have from Sept-Jan, not a chance I’m shooting two deer off the bat, not bucks anyways.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

grouper throat

Yes, only because I learned a hard lesson letting a shooter walk. Killed an 8 several days before letting a comparable 9 walk within bow range and bed down. Both were the two biggest bucks I had seen in my life up to that point, but I was greedy and wanted to hunt the full two weeks (not in GA). Next time I will be camp cook/caping 2 bucks.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I lost access to that place when the season ended in January. I`ll be hunting elsewhere from now on. All good things come to an end, eventually.
As a kid I carved my name in a tree with the year. Said that will be there forever. Virgin woods. The next year it was clear cut. The tree was 10 feet over a property line that got cut. Both places sold and ended my childhood killing woods. All things will come to a end as said.
I remember the good times there.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I lost access to that place when the season ended in January. I`ll be hunting elsewhere from now on. All good things come to an end, eventually.
Hate to hear that, Nic.

sprewett

I would tag out early as it would take some pressure off getting some grub later in the season. We need 4 to 5 a year for our families needs. But if I didn't you can bet you bottom dollar my son and I would still be in the woods hiking through over every hill and holler looking for pigs and bear up north. I just love being in the woods. The time away from the rat race, the stillness of the woods on an early winter morning, the sounds of birds singing, and the crazy squirrels acting like fools. The woods it is my kind of fun. Plus my son tags along a lot and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Any time I have the chance to take the deer I want early, I'm going to do so, and spend the rest of the season squirrel hunting and grinning.

Hunter922

First one 125+, second one 140+ maybe..
I tagged out once October 15ish and it was miserable to not get to hunt the rut and see all the chasing. I'm not much of a doe shooter so I didn't hunt much At all.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
As a kid I carved my name in a tree with the year. Said that will be there forever. Virgin woods. The next year it was clear cut. The tree was 10 feet over a property line that got cut. Both places sold and ended my childhood killing woods. All things will come to a end as said.
I remember the good times there.

My killer duck hunting hole has been a subdivision going on 30 years now. I cry every time I ride by it.