I'm Glad Y'all FINALLY Got Them Logs Rearranged!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
The 1st Amendment only says the government can't impede or restrict your opinions. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the Government doesn't own this board, GON does, and they have every right to create or take away any of these forums, or ban any of the members.

Besides, there shouldn't be a political forum anyways. All it does is get people angry with each other. You should be here to talk about the great outdoors, which on its worst day is much better than talking politics!
Maybe it wasn’t GONs decision to shut the board down. If they had shut it down they would have shut just the PF down.
If you don’t think politics don’t belong on an outdoor board maybe you should go to the capitol and meet some PETA lobbyists trying to strong arm you out of hunting

Jim Baker

Staff member
The 1st Amendment only says the government can't impede or restrict your opinions. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the Government doesn't own this board, GON does, and they have every right to create or take away any of these forums, or ban any of the members.

Besides, there shouldn't be a political forum anyways. All it does is get people angry with each other. You should be here to talk about the great outdoors, which on its worst day is much better than talking politics!

If angry people were the criteria for removing a forum, most of them here would be gone, you ever look at that Best/Worst Barbeque thread.

vahurst

Maybe it wasn’t GONs decision to shut the board down. If they had shut it down they would have shut just the PF down.
If you don’t think politics don’t belong on an outdoor board maybe you should go to the capitol and meet some PETA lobbyists trying to strong arm you out of hunting

Sure, if the political postings pertained to the outdoors. In the past few weeks, there was rarely ever a post pertaining to the outdoors.

drhunter1

I spend plenty of time in other forums on here, but to hide your head in the sand and ignore or refuse to talk about the the current political environment is foolish.

But to each his own.

He got to utilize the first amendment. Its a handy thing I tell ya.

sbroadwell

Political forum log slap burnt up. Love the censorship, never thought it would happen here

Me either. Very bad timing - we can't help but suspect that something fishy is going on. Appears to just be jumping on the bandwagon of trying to make it difficult for right thinking people to communicate.
I guess, though, we could just make this forum into the new political forum.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
If angry people were the criteria for removing a forum, most of them here would be gone, you ever look at that Best/Worst Barbeque thread.
And don't forget the water chicken forum! Lots of angry folks over there!

Cmp1

BANNED
It's like they doused the fire in the pot-bellied stove at the General Store...pulled the shades down, and turned the open sign over to closed.

Political talk, combined with firearms, (edit: loudy, loudy, bang-bangs), hunting, fishing, and sports fans...I mean, what could go wrong? ::ke:
The NSA,,,,

jollyroger

Political forum log slap burnt up. Love the censorship, never thought it would happen here
Me thinks the canary is dead, and instead of letting us hang ourselves, the powers that be did everyone a favor.

Most of y'all know this place far better than I do, and you know the character of the folks in charge.

Think for a sec why it might be that something like this happened.

Not everything is a punishment folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.