Information on some creeks

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I've read about these creeks in NGA lately but never fished them. Can someone give me a little information about them please? Ease of access, size, popularity/crowded?, general description.

Habersham county: Panther creek

Rabun county: Holcomb creek

Revived

There's a parking lot on Old Hwy 441 in Turnerville for the Panther creek falls trail. There's a collection box so bring a few dollars to park. Several years ago, it was so crowded with hikers that you needed to get there early to get a parking spot. A flood washed out a footbridge or two so the trail was closed last time I was there. That was a couple of years ago. I don't know if they ever reopened the trail. There were far more hikers than fisherman so I wouldn't worry about crowds. When they closed the trail you could still use it to access the river, but hikers could no longer get to the waterfall (without getting wet).

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Thanks Revived that is the kind of info I asked for.

westcobbdog

Gobble, consider purchasing a folding map of the Chatt National Forest, this will give you great ideas for access / parking / camping to the spots you do want to fish. Shaded green means National Forest land, lighter shades are private land.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Gobble, consider purchasing a folding map of the Chatt National Forest, this will give you great ideas for access / parking / camping to the spots you do want to fish. Shaded green means National Forest land, lighter shades are private land.
I saw these listed on the DNR website as having been stocked a couple weeks ago and didn't remember ever seeing them before thus promoting the question.