Iron bowl

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Lord have mercy. :bounce:

MudDucker

Staff member
Have you actually ever been to a real life game? Or played in one? You have the advantage of looking at an elevated point of view on TV that allows you the prime area to watch. You have the advantage of watching it with replay. The game and players are moving so fast it is impossible to call every penalty in every game. To compare it to a brick mason is apples and oranges.
I bet you watch the Braves game just to see the blown balls and strikes. Missed calls are just part of the game. They make some mistakes but to argue that it only affects your team is laughable. Just because you see it doesn’t mean the refs saw it.

I suggest you go stand on the sidelines or better yet volunteer to referee a pee wee football game and see exactly how hard it is and know at the level these guys are playing it is 100 times harder.

I've played and done a little refereeing at pee wee. Nope, it isn't easy.

The only time I really get on the refs is when I see that they are looking a play that is obvious and make not call or visa versa. For instance, in the GT game, a ref was staring at our DB and all our DB did was rub his hand over the GT receivers helmet. No grab of facemask or helmet, no usual head movement from a facemask and out comes a flag for facemask.

Last week, a defender grabbed Brock's facemask right in front of ref, Brock's head whips around, but not call.

I'm sorry, but that is sux referring and I'll call it out everytime I see it.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Let’s hope the SEC remembers this one and gives one back to Auburn sometime in the future when there’s no money on the line for the SEC.
Imagine ^THAT^... Vol comes out of hiding to complain about the refs...

87def1.jpg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’m starting to understand this VOL fan hate thing. :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

AccUbonD

Even Gary Danielson called them out during game on the missed Facemask, but they got the block in the back on Auburn though. It’s pretty bad if he’s going against Alabama. Wish I could find that video.

The silence from SEC office tells it all.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Even Gary Danielson called them out during game on the missed Facemask, but they got the block in the back on Auburn though. It’s pretty bad if he’s going against Alabama. Wish I could find that video.

The silence from SEC office tells it all.
If a tiger had ripped the helmet off a bammer and it was missed like that the trailer parks in Alabama would have went up in flames

weagle

4th and 31 you should rush 4 not 2 with a spy standing there. Bama Qb had a lot of time and the receiver made a great play.
In hindsight since you actually want the QB to run, the defense should have rushed all 3 guys from the outside on one side and pushed him hard up / out of the pocket to his weak side. No spy, since you want him to try to run it in from 30+ or make a hurried pass running to his left.

My Monday morning coaching skills are strong.

BTW I remember UGA giving up a long TD pass from a freshman Bama QB to lose a championship only a few years ago. Seems like Kirby was 0-4 vs Saban before he got his program in place. I still think Freeze will get it done at Auburn.

AccUbonD

So many people watching these games just to complain about the referees. There’s a penalty on every play of every game. If called 100% correctly the game would be 5 hours long and scores would be 9-6 and then these same people would complain about that.

I know of 3 opponents Tennessee played this year where not one had a live ball penalty. I think Florida only had one. If what you say is true how is that possible. No need to reply just ask yourself.

westcobbdog

In hindsight since you actually want the QB to run, the defense should have rushed all 3 guys from the outside on one side and pushed him hard up / out of the pocket to his weak side. No spy, since you want him to try to run it in from 30+ or make a hurried pass running to his left.

BTW I remember UGA giving up a long TD pass from a freshman Bama QB to lose a championship only a few years ago. Seems like Kirby was 0-4 vs Saban before he got his program in place. I still think Freeze will get it done at Auburn.
Yeah our safety Parrish watched it all unfurl in slo mo and really never moved to cover. In that situation, Kirby now arrays up to 6 defenders across the goal line, picket fence style. Besides another L, what's bad for the plainsman is the sole distinction they now hold of allowing a TD when it's 4th down and 30+ yards to go, prior to a huge o'fer across the land of college football, until that play.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

The #1 and #8 teams both beat auburn by a touchdown or less in games that bammers and dawgs were hollering they were gonna “blow auburn out”

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
They got "blowed out" by less than a touchdown.

L = L
It has always been thus.