Is anyone missing a cow in Sharon, GA?

Rich Kaminski

I have a cow showing up at one of my feeders in Sharon, GA. If you are missing a cow and can describe it to me - I will tell you where it is staying. I notified the local police and they made several inquires, but nobody they have contacted is missing a cow as of yet.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If I were you, I’d set up some panels and catch her. She’ll most likely not get claimed unless caught because of liability of getting hit by a car. And if you shoot her, 25 folks are missing their $2000 cow.

Go through the process of notifying the county agents, etc so they can tell how to handle the cow from there.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Mmmmm…… Ribeyes…. Better not walk by my stand.

sleepr71

Some farmer nearby has a Cow slipping out to come to your feeder?. Years ago I had a trough feeder that started emptying in DAYS. I thought a herd of deer had moved in & were wearing it out. Put a camera up…turned out to be 3 yearling calves(about 300 lbs) that were slipping under a nearby fence & coming to the feeder?

Rich Kaminski

My feeder is turned off and has been, so no food is on the ground. I will not shoot a cow. I think they are protected by law. This is in Sharon, GA. so please tell anyone you know who lives in Sharon, GA. Someone has to know who is missing a cow.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We had a bull once that if the mood struck him he'd go through anything to get out. He'd respect an electric fence if he knew it was there but barb wire and several gates didn't stand a chance. I won several shows with some of the steers he sired and so did a few others with his steers and heifers. Joker was crazy, only one of his steers was that way, still got the scar on my thigh where he shook me like a rag doll and stepped on me, lil more closer to center and I would've been a steer myself.

Browning Slayer

With a freezer full of cow, one could be "real selective" on what he harvest's the rest of the season.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Official Code of Georgia Annotated

4-3-12. Permitting livestock to run at large or stray; releasing impounded livestock; penalty.
Any owner of livestock who intentionally or knowingly permits the same to run at large or stray upon the public roads of this state or any property not belonging to the owner of the livestock unless by permission of the owner of such property, or any person who shall release livestock, after being impounded, without authority of the impounder, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six months, or by fine not exceeding $500.00, or by both fine and imprisonment.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
4-3-4. Impoundment of livestock running at large or straying.
(a) It shall be the duty of the sheriff, his deputies, or any other county law enforcement officer to impound livestock found to be running at large or straying. Owners or operators of farms may also impound such livestock, provided that the livestock is kept in a suitable place and cared for properly; such owners or operators shall receive the feed and care fee allowed in Code Section 4-3-10.
(b) If an owner or operator of a farm impounds livestock, it shall be his duty to notify the owner of such livestock immediately. If the owner of the livestock is unknown and is not determined within three days, the person who impounds the livestock shall notify the sheriff of such impoundment; and the sheriff shall transport the livestock as soon as possible to a county pound as provided for in Code Section 4-3-11. The sheriff shall then follow the procedure set out in this chapter as if he had originally impounded such livestock.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
My feeder is turned off and has been, so no food is on the ground. I will not shoot a cow. I think they are protected by law. This is in Sharon, GA. so please tell anyone you know who lives in Sharon, GA. Someone has to know who is missing a cow.
I have cows myself and believe ot or not 99 percent of people wi th a decent heard would not notice a single cow being gone. So not sure somebody’s gona be jumping up and down saying there missing one, chances are they don’t even know

buckmanmike

My grandfather raised cows. We would count them every day when feeding. If any were missing, we would go look for them. Some would be having calfs, some escaped, some killed/maimed by dogs. Didnt have a problem with yotes back then.(60s and 70s) But always kept track of herd.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
My grandfather raised cows. We would count them every day when feeding. If any were missing, we would go look for them. Some would be having calfs, some escaped, some killed/maimed by dogs. Didnt have a problem with yotes back then.(60s and 70s) But always kept track of herd.

My two grandfathers and dad did the same every day.

Browning Slayer

john-candy-great.gif

Rich Kaminski

If I were you, I’d set up some panels and catch her. She’ll most likely not get claimed unless caught because of liability of getting hit by a car. And if you shoot her, 25 folks are missing their $2000 cow.

Go through the process of notifying the county agents, etc so they can tell how to handle the cow from there.

I notified the local Sharon, GA police department and they notified the farmer adjacent to me. I also contacted that farmer and he notified all of his relatives living in the area. I am going to post signs in the 2 local resturant's this Saturday.

Rich Kaminski

I didn't get a chance to go this past Saturday, but the cow stopped showing up at my camera after being there for 3 days.

specialk

I didn't get a chance to go this past Saturday, but the cow stopped showing up at my camera after being there for 3 days.

had the same thing a few years ago, notified sheriff, he says no where for them to impound it and owner had been notified but didnt want it back, sheriff says we could have it....it was 5 miles from owners farm....made plans to process it the following weekend but it was gone....somebody beat us to it i reckon....