is this lil buck sick? updated 6/21

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
It would be interesting to see a moving picture to see how he walks and gets around.

rosewood

The head does look gray.

bilgerat

Senior
Hes {OR SHE} is still hanging in there, looks a little better. Named him Bob .. for bag o bones. Hes easy to identify by the split ear.bob1.jpg

oppthepop

Had old buck we named "FST" a couple years ago that I posted a story about that looked like that right before he died. I found he sheds (he dropped them in December from being so sick or worn out) and found his carcass a few weeks later while shed hunting. this deer looks like hes had some hard times. I hope the song dogs don't pull him down while he's still alive.

hambone76

Maybe a chronic case of Hemorrhagic Disease? If he gets shot, check his hooves for splitting.
Chronic cases can cause interruptions in the growth of the hooves if I remember correctly.
I shot a buck in Talbot County years ago that had hooves that were splitting and a little whitish in color.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
There is no give up in that guy!

rosewood

Just watched a doe in my backyard feeding. She has an injured right rear leg, but I couldn't see any visible injury. Guessing she got hit by car or maybe hung on a fence and sprained it, could be broken, but not obvious. Hope she gets better. She was clearly limping on it.

Rosewood

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Thanks for the update . No telling what he had going on but he was for sure sick . He looks like a normal deer now. Hopefully you can update again in about 3 years and he’s a fine buck